I saw a few folks bring out some older songs recorded back in the day, so I decided to rework one too. I had been contemplating it but this was the push I needed to drag it out, dust it off and redo it completely from the ground up. Nothing in this was in the original.

This is a song I wrote with a buddy of mine way back in the day. We were sitting in my living room discussing the sad state of affairs in our lives, playing gigs for the door take in a few of the bars in our town. We wrote this song. It's probably the first "real" song I wrote.

Band:
Drums: Hard rock style
B3: 686
Piano: 890
Bass: 995

Main vocal and 2 harmonies. I deleted the doubling tracks from this project.
Acoustic Guitars: 2 unique Taylor tracks
Electric: I think there's 3 main tracks and a few this and that's. Most was recorded mic'd on my Mesa, with the cleaner solo recorded on my POD2. Looking back, maybe I would have or should have recorded the other parts a bit cleaner but hey... it sounded good while it was happening.

This is the first tune in a long time where I have used MIDI:

Bass is augmented at the end with Cakewalk Sound Center Ricko Bass.
Drums are Jamstix : snare pop and final "take it home".

Hanging Around

In case you're wondering and are curious.... the original is still on my other music page way down at the bottom.
The original is 100% me. It was recorded back before I got BB and started using it. A combination of live and midi with me playing the midi. I even played the piano on it. Not so on the new version.

Anyway, I had a good time recording this and I hope you enjoy the listen.

BTW: Mike and I were in a band called Boot Hill which played a lot, and I mean a lot of Charlie Daniels and the Marshal Tucker Band. We were heavily influenced by those bands. Maybe you can tell in the style.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.