Hi everybody,

this was my second attempt to work with BIAB / RB in early 2016 and also my second attempt to put a corresponding video together, so please have mercy - it’s still more a slide show than a video..

At that time I again and again asked the RB forum for help, and very often my questions turned out to be pretty daffy once I read the answers... But everybody was very kind and supportive, and I’m still very grateful for that.

Unlike the song title might suggest at first sight, it’s a love song I had written back in 2003 for my honeybunch Maha, but I could never find an appropriate arrangement for it then, and my then band (the last one I’ve ever played in) split up at that time anyway. So the song kind of moldered in some drawer until I remembered it when I started to experiment with RealTracks.

Since I am a ‘mixing idiot’ and Maha had some live mixing experience I asked her to give mixing in RB a chance and although she mostly gives PCs a wide berth she gave it a try, and in my mind she did really, really wel right from the start.

The following link will take you to the respective page of my website where you’ll find the MP3, the video. the lyrics and some info:

(You can) Break My Neck

And these are the BIAB and RB details:

Style is _JZFNKAS.STY (Jazz Funk Groovin' w/ Alto Solo) - by the way a very nice and versatile style

RealTracks in style: ~1433:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: ~1437:Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: ~1435:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovinChords Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: ~1441:Sax, Alto, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110

The original RealDrum had been ‘JazzFunkGroovin’ but I thought that a little more spice wouldn’t do any harm, so I replaced it with

RealDrums in Song: HipHop: a: HipHopb: HipHop

After importing the song into RB I added the sax solo for which I used the 1441 RT mentioned above - it’s a really great one, so it took just a few attempts until I had the solo I though would fit the song best.

Then I had to do some minor ‘cutting & pasting’ to get the syncopes into position, but I can’t remember that I changed anything beyond that.

As to the horns arrangement: MIDI tracks like always written in the RB piano roll window and brought to life with Big Fish’s ‘Vintage Horns’ via Kontakt 5.

I would be glad if you enjoyed the thing a bit - thanks for listening.

Stefan