As we all know it takes a while to write these things and in this case I started this song and two other Christmas songs last Christmas. I didn't get them finished before the season was over and no one wants to hear a Christmas song in January (maybe not early November as well). So I told myself that this year I would pick them back up at the beginning of October and get them done. I know this is early, but I'm going to be away for most of this month and without access to what I need to get these recorded. So without further excuses...here is my November song number 15 in my song a month challenge for 2019.

A little bit of info on this song.. I had the unfortunate position of watching a friend of mine have his relationship fall apart around Christmas over a decade ago. I never intended to write about it, but it basically wrote itself. Incidentally the friend is doing great now and as a song writer himself has no issues with the song (just to stop the hate mail).

A little about the recording.. I've done my best to record this in the style of the Everly Brothers stage act of the late 80's early 90's. I had the pleasure of seeing them 3 times. The last time was with my Dad just before he passed away unexpectedly. I was already a big fan of Don and Phil, but this cemented them there. When ever I hear them I think about my Dad and about the great night we had.

Bass - 519 Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes
Piano - 1564 Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm IslandJohn
Drums - PopCalypso
Guitar1 - 1175 Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopCalypso
Guitar2 - 1177 Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Rhythm PopCalypso
Piano 2 - 2026 Piano, Acoustic, Soloist CountryJohn
Main Vocal - Troy Schiewe (me)
Harmony - Generated with BIAB

Each track generated and saved as a wave file and then mixed with Reaper.

Link to song on -----> SoundCloud
Long Lonely Christmas
Words and Music by Troy Schiewe
Copyright 2019

It's been a long lonely Christmas
I'm sitting here by the phone
It's been a long long lonely Christmas
I'm missing you tonight

On the street there are carolers
On TV a Christmas Parade
But I don't feel much like smiling
No I can't play that charade

I'm wishing you come back home

I don't know what I said or done
But somehow I drove you away
And all I really want for Christmas this year
Is for you to come back home to stay

Last edited by Troy Schiewe; 11/01/19 05:38 AM.