I have been out of pocket for the past several months. Some of you are aware my wife was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, the end of November last year, after being hospitalized several times and misdiagnosed. She has been in the battle of her life for the past 7 months. We have been in Phoenix, AZ since the first of March for her to have a stem cell transplant. She had the transplant on 3/24, and now the real battle begins. She has been in and out of the hospital here at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, and is currently in the hospital fighting rejection of the transplant. Our faith is strong, and we are confident she will recover and be stronger than ever. I have been overwhelmed with all the efforts to take care of her, as I am her full time caretaker. Your prayers are so appreciated!

Meanwhile, I finally had a few hours to write a song, so here it is! I didn't want to write a sad song, so this one is pretty upbeat. I have one of my computers here with me at the hotel in Phoenix (we will be here until sometime in July at minimum), and used BIAB for all the instruments. I recorded all the vocals here with one of my lesser mics I brought along with me. Didn't want to bring all my UAD interface equipment along so I have my old trusty Focusrite 2i2. This one was done all in Logic Pro X, without all my familiar UAD plugins, and an old set of headphones I brought along. I think the mix turned out okay. I'm glad they didn't throw me out of the hotel for singing too loud! smile I hope you enjoy this one. Your comments are welcome...

Soundcloud - I'll Keep Singing My Song

I'll Keep Singing My Song
©Stephen W. Young

Some folks remember
Some folks forget
Some folks are happy
And some have regrets

In the eye of a needle
A rich man can fall
And the poor man has nothing
Blames the rich man for all

And the state of affairs
Is up in the air
But this world keeps moving along
It's up and it's down
And changing around
So I'll just keep singing my song

A song of redemption
Where all can be free
Beyond comprehension
The way it should be

And the state of affairs
Is up in the air
But this world keeps moving along
It's up and it's down
And changing around
So I'll just keep singing my song

---

RealTracks in song: 3551:Bass, Electric, AmericanaShuffleSteveB Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 3689:Guitar, Lap Steel, Soloist Funky70s Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 3609:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NashvilleRadioShuffleDanny Sw 110
RealTracks in song: ~~951:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryBoogieMuted Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 2729:Organ, Rhythm BluesShuffleMike Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 3441:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BritPsycRockMarch Ev 110
RealDrums [in Song:RockHardShuffle^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann