Hey Y'all I need a favor if you can spare me a few clicks. I have been working on soundtrack material using mostly Xtra styles and a few other things but playing the melody parts myself as is my style.

https://soundcloud.com/davidsfilmmusic

I am submitting this entire channel (all done with BIAB as a co-producer) to some contests and stuff. I wouldn't mind getting some "clicks" on the first five listed. Probably no reason to listen to the whole thing, you will get the point right away.

In terms of "film score" writing I think Band in a Box (real tracks and midi use combined) blows everything else out there away. Nothing else even comes close. Everything else sounds so copycat and generic, but BIAB puts you WAY ahead of that--so help a brother out if you can!!! smile

I will be more than happy to explain how I did any of this. The short version is that Xtra styles don't need a lot of EQ-ing. They come kind of Eq-ed right out of the box, so I took it really easy on the effects in order to get a high dynamic range, and that sound of warmth you get with Xtra Styles. Most of these have dynamic ranges in the 11 to 12 category thanks to Xtra Styles.I have found that too many effects can crush the warmth of BIAB real tracks real fast, so I am being very lenient.

Thanks for helping if you can mates!!

P.S. Another interesting thing: the classical album I put out in May using Band in a Box ("Soothing Classical Guitar") is getting a lot of streams on Spotify and people are actually downloading the entire album from iTunes and Amazon. My mom told me to record it and I guess I should listen to her more often. I went to my music bank account and was like "Whoah..you need to do some more soothing classical music bro."

smile

Just sayin'! I think people are looking to be relaxed! Hint, hint.