Hello Folks,
I was so charmed with Misha's work with my throw away lyric that I spent some time listening and thinking.
I was also intrigued by the two mic technique he was experimenting with on it.
I asked for Misha's song file & vocal tracks and then tinkered with the two vox - I ended up blending them into, what I heard as, a nice mic combo mono track.
I then thought about context and wanted to removed the song from it's known entity so that comparisons wouldn't be made re the vocal.
I ended up experimenting with a bundle of RealTracks from various styles that I blended into a pseudo sixties soul track. I'd learnt A LOT from working through Misha's song file and his use of stops etc. I decided to apply that to stuff I'd not fooled with previously - horn sections, ahhs, strings etc. I had fun though was a little disappointed that I coundn't create a BIG string section for silky lines al la late 50s ballads.
I initially mixed it in mono as I LOVE mono and it suited the style BUT I know most folk get annoyed by single channel stuff these days so remixed it in stereo.
File the Memory - Stax
4JIM
MONO mix
I sent Misha a copy and he was generous enough to call it a nice variant. He probably wouldn't mind me posting it, slightly tweaked as with all things by me, but then again - I did it anyway.
I wanted to post the mix/rebuild simply to get more folk to listen to the FABULOUS melody.
Throw any/all comments you like at this re the arrangement and mix - I'll take it as a learning opportunity/experiment as it's not "new".

Last edited by rayc; 06/26/19 02:28 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe