Hello Folks,
here's something I've been working with on & off for several months. The singer finally sent me completed vocals - well worth the wait - so I was able to pull it together quickly in the end.
This was built on a RealDrums base with some RealTracks that I think were two lots of background hammond organ and a piano track which has been heavily treated with active filters etc.
A Welshman named James Dodd did the guitar solos, an American named Anthony Androlunis did the vocals and vocal melody, an Australia, (& former Greencard holder),Eric Drabwell added exotic guitar bits to the outro and our own Rustyspoon provided translation into Russian which he recorded with his lovely wife.
I used a Tenori On for the exotic blips and blurps - also heavily treated. There're Mel9 tracks and a load of guitars ranging from fuzzed to Marshall 100 watt crush culture. Vantage bass, Mustang guitar and REAPER as the DAW of choice.
Audio of a cranky Cosmonaut, a Russian launch countdown, docking transport and rotary telephone were incorporated for fun & effect.
Vocals distressed and treated for the chorus and last verse using airwindows DRIVE, a JS flanger + a little whacky temporal tweaking.
I hope there's not much more to be done prior to mastering but would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

[Link no longer valid]

AND the lyrics?
In keeping with the density of the sounds and their space obsession the words aren't altogether attached to reality or stability:
Struggles of a Partially Reconstructed Male.(temporary title)
The poor quietist is not quite,
Detached from all the nettles.
Of the pale neurotic heroine,
Who’s presence tests his mettle.
Though Cubist’s eyes see plastics darts,
Spread out along the string.

In my stupor I shirk it,
Hold stoic serenity.
Pharmaceutical enhancement
Provides nothing for me
Put on my mental makeup,
Of managed reality.

Is Dharma Body a hedge fund?
Human capacity.
Recordings of her sleep talk,
Reveal how she might see me.
My beatic visions clouded,
An active principle.

SOLO

Though artist’s eyes see shiny darts,
Poison in each string.

In my stupor adoring,
Generation’s fealty.
Gothic aspirations
Sail the Holy See
Put on my mental makeup,
I manage servility.

The runaways eats chocolate
Stolen from the garage store
Shelter ‘neath the overpass
Where lovers go no more.
Unpleasant possibilities,
Potential for the past.

In my stupor I shirk it,
Hold fragile serenity.
Decomposed adrenaline
Flavours my cup of tea
Touch up my mental makeup,
A sense of civility.

One & one’s not one
One & two’s not two
You have to pick a dogma
To makes that maths come true
Simple algorithms
That make the world anew

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 09/01/20 11:45 AM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe