Howdy all….

After listening to a few songs here (G/hacker & Dero comes to mind) I figured I should get off my duff and finish a new one.

I had another opportunity to employ Ken Lasaine's great guitar work. I do play the rhythm guitar (panned right) during the verses only. All other guitar work is Ken…stellar job, I might add. I haven’t written anything new in some months…this song writing stuff is not easy.

I wrote the lyrics complete in 24 hours and music/arrangement took about 2 days before mixing began.
This is very rare for me....I usually take several weeks. smile I think it’s ready for my peers ears…thanks to any that listen and hope you found it worthy of your time.

Have a great day.

I only used drums/bass from this style and I really liked the groove:
_BOGG70S.STY ElGuit,VintPno,Bass&Drums[120RS]
This Funky Triplets RealTracks style is made up of two separate styles of music. The piano bass & drums are MotownFunkyTriplets and the El.Guitar is CountryBoogie. (El.Bass, El.Piano, El.Guitar, Drums

(If anyone else should be inclined I highly recommend him….he’s very reasonable and easy to work with. If curious, he has also put guitar tracks on (4) of my other songs on soundclick: "Adrenaline", "I've Had A Good Life", "I'm Ready", "Roadman")

Title: Lone Wolf (Dm – 120bpm) Genre: hmmm….rasty, swamp rock?...I don’t know, listeners decide on that.
https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14226720
https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966

Verse 1:
I'm the Lone Wolf. Solo's my name. Mind my own business, I like it that way.
Like the Lone Wolf, I keep to myself. Don't want to trouble anyone for help.
Chorus:
The Lone Wolf finds a way to survive. The cold truth, he's not a afraid of a fight.
Verse 2:
Like the Lone Wolf, I don't care to mix. Trust in my senses, keep an eye on my six.
I'm the Lone Wolf, not easy to track. I walk alone and don't run with a pack.
Chorus:
The Lone Wolf watches with serious eyes. The cold truth, he's not afraid of a fight.
Break: Verse music (16 bars)
Bridge: Dm7 Em7 F G (3X) F (1 bar) G (1 bar) Dm (4 bars)
Verse 3:
Now I'm an old wolf. Weary an frayed. Reflecting on life and the choices I've made.
We take a direction, see where it leads. The path that I followed has been working for me.
But nothing came easy, didn't live like a king. If I could do it again I wouldn't change one thing.
Chorus:
The Lone Wolf finds a way to survive. The cold truth, he's not afraid of a fight
The Lone Wolf watches with serious eyes....
Bridge: Dm7 Em7 F G (3X) F (1 bar) G (1 bar) Dm (4 bars)
Vamp out & fade on Dm.

© Wayne Evans: lyrics & music. 3/28/21

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/07/21 05:13 AM.