Having just bought myself a record deck and returning back to vinyl, I have been comparing the sound to my high end cd player attached to a modern Dac comparing to the sound from the vinyl player.

This has lead me to listen to the different artists and styles of my choice.

I have noticed the way some artists record/ master their sounds in a different way, some have their vocals way out front and some have the vocals with a strong instrument track.

The Beatles are a simple band, and not a lot of instruments, but panning and harmonies are what full the sound out.

If you really listen to the tracks you hear one instrument in and out panned the same way at the one time, of course the instrument changes through out the song to another instrument and so forth along with Bass and drums of course.

Not overly loaded but simple and effective, I keep a check on myself when I am working on a new song.

At first I load it too much with instruments, as biab has so many to choose, I just get carried away, then I work on vocals mix master then strip it down instrument wise to a few tracks.

It seems this is a tried and tested way that has no generation barriers, as you look at Bruno mars Ed Sheeran to name a few churning out hits with the same technique.

Queen

On listening to some of my albums Freddie mercury at one point is doing his stuff amazingly sounding fantastic as he is , and only drums and bass are heard at that part of the song, albeit strong bass and drums.

What's your thoughts on this ?.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases