Hi, everyone. I've been trying to get my computer to record me while I play along with Band in a Box so I thought I'd ask for help.

I live in an apartment so I have to use headphones for all of my stuff, which sucks. I bought a Scarlett 2i2 so I could play along with BB on both my Yamaha P200 and my electric guitar. I've gotten the Yamaha to be recognized and record without lag, but only if I connect to my laptop directly through the line-in port with a cable. This is how I've done it:

1. Yamaha dual line outs to BB via cable to line in on laptop
2. Laptop outputs to line on Yamaha
3. Headphones outputting from Yamaha. This way I can hear the keyboard at the same time I hear BB, and I can record without lag. This doesn't use the Scarlett and it took me forever to figure this out. When I tried hooking up my Scarlett to my laptop, I either couldn't hear the keyboard, couldn't hear BB, got crazy lag, or when I played back a file after hitting record it was blank except for BB accompaniment.

I was thinking that if I wanted to record my electric guitar I could unplug the keyboard to laptop connection and just plug my guitar into the laptop line in, but this doesn't seem to work and I'm not sure why.

Do I even need the Scarlett or should I just return it? I have 29 days left. wink

Last edited by doogiet; 06/19/16 05:54 PM. Reason: Rewriting for clarity