Last week, I've listed the features that convinced me to buy BiaB for the first time, and this week I'd like to mention those features of BiaB that significantly exceeded my expectations and therefore positively surprised me aftersales:

1. The existance of all those "Makers": The Melody Maker and the included Chords Maker, the Soundtrack Maker and the Soloist Maker. But: They are difficult to find (e.g. why is the Chords Maker in the Melody Maker Window?) and difficult to understand (e.g. what is the core difference between the Melody Maker - with its included Chords Maker - and the Soundtrack Maker?), and especially the Chords Maker unfortunately isn't differenciated enough to be really useful, in my opinion resp. at least for my specific needs.

2. The Chords Recognition and even a Melody Recognition for imported Midi Files. As far as I've used these features until now: The Melody Recognition from Midi works very well in most cases and is super-useful, and the chords recognition from Midi works ok - the recognized chords still need a lot of corrections from the user, but that's still much better than if the user would have to identify all chords completely by himself. And I'm sure that the chords-recognition-from-midi-feature will still be improved. That also counts for the chords recognition from Audio, which I appreciate also, but which just hasn't surprised me that much by its existance, since I've already encountered this feature in a bunch of other music applications.

3. I was also quite positively surprised that the styles are editable and therefore accessible. I haven't checked out this feature in detail yet, but so far I think that this is really very interesting, especially for learning more about the deeper characteristics of different styles.

Last edited by MoveToGroove; 10/02/21 09:42 AM.

BiaB Pro 2022; Windows 10
Bass: Intermediate; Piano: Beginner
I came to this forum in order to suggest feature improvements for non-professional musicians like myself that use BiaB mainly as a playalong tool and as a learning tool