Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#528454 03/12/19 10:35 AM
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Has anyone been able to get the sonic cell working on windows 10, just wondering if anyone knows a wee work around or ..?.

Any help appreciated .

I know you can use midi cables but I am trying to get it connected by USB if I can.

Last edited by beatmaster; 03/12/19 11:11 AM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Expert
Expert
Howdy beatmaster....

I hadn't heard of the Sonic Cell so was curious and did a quick search.

Have you seen these links:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17422.0
http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=50565&sid=1457a4daa782f3aba3e6622a007aad49

Hope that helps...at least you got a bump.

Carry on.....

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 03/12/19 12:50 PM.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
chulaivet1966 I had seen one of the links above , the other looks more than helpful I am going to try this tonight.

Was hoping someone might post that they had tried this and it worked or not.

Thanks for your reply and the much needed Bump.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
chulaivet1966 Was hoping someone might post that they had tried this and it worked or not. Thanks for your reply and the much needed Bump.

I hear you.....issues like this requires tapping all friendly sources. smile

I've always like the Roland (vs. Yamaha) sounds.
I still have the MVS-1 & MBD-1. (since 1990 or so)
Personally, I'm not enamored with the tactile cumbersomeness menu/scrolling interface but I checked this tutorial out of interest:
https://www.roland.com/us/products/soniccell/

.....it's obvious there are trade-offs/benefits of going this route.

Hope you get it resolved....I hate these sorts of issues too.

Carry on....

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
That's it all sorted and up and running, it really is a brilliant sounding module and the pre amps are fantastic.

Anyone need help with this will only have to chap on my door as I have made a wee d/load file with everything in it.

Veteran
Veteran
Great thread. I've had the SC for years and was using it on Win 7 until I upgraded to Win 10. I had read these posts from 2015 and 16 and they're the latest thing I could find. I've always been leery of installing a modified driver of any kind so I passed on those other posts. You are the first person I've read on this forum who actually did it. I would love to have your install info, feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here. Thanks,

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Bob

Will get back to you after work.

This hopefully should work for you as well, you are using the official win 8 driver ver .101 , from Roland site.

Like you I would not try it other wise.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Bob I sent a pm.

Veteran
Veteran
Got it, thanks

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
M
M
I also need this Windows 10 info. In addition, is there a way to expand the memory on the Sonic Cell. At present, it only holds approx 50 MP3 files

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
First off this is the link to the sonic cell update to allow for 399 songs to be held on the usb stick https://www.roland.com/uk/support/by_product/soniccell/updates_drivers/2bf96db5-51b6-47ad-872c-3e7f0f6eb674/

Items equired for updating the SonicCell - The SonicCell itself - A USB memory - A computer with USB port - The update file (sonic_cell_up.bin)

Checking the version 1. Check the version of your SonicCell before you update. 2. Turn the power of SonicCell on. 3. Press [MENU] button to call the MENU screen. 4. Turn [CURSOR/VALUE] to select Version Info screen. * If your SonicCell already has the latest software version, you don't need to update.

Cautions when updating (Important!) ・ Don't use this system program for any product other than the SonicCell. Doing so may damage the data or system of your other product. ・ We recommend that you save your user data before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your user data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by reloading the data you saved. For details on the procedure, refer the Owner's Manual (p.182). ・ Do not power-off the SonicCell while the update is in progress. If the power should accidentally fail during the update, the SonicCell system will be damaged, and the unit may become inoperable. ・ We regret that we cannot answer questions regarding the procedure of installing this system program. You must perform the installation on your own responsibility, in accordance with the information provided in this document.

Update procedure 1. Place sonic_cell_up.bin in the root directory of your USB memory on your computer. 2. Connect the USB memory to the SonicCell, and turn on the power. 3. When you turn on the power, loading will begin and the ACCESS LED will start blinking. 4. When the "Completed" message appears, the update is complete. 5. Turn off the power and remove the USB memory, then turn on the power for normal operation again.

Other notices Unauthorized modification of these files, transfer to another network, or inclusion with a magazine or commercial product is prohibited. Roland Corporation disclaims all responsibility for any damages (including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of data, or any financial loss) that may result from the use of or inability to use this software. This disclaimer applies even if Roland Corporation had been previously advised of the possibility of such damages. Trademarks and

Last edited by beatmaster; 05/31/19 08:27 AM.

Journeyman
Journeyman
The modification is really simple to make it ok to use it in windows 10 (just a little text edit you can even do yourself), you have to turn off the unsigned driver check by windows 10 though at least I did.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195