Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#623714 11/18/20 06:23 AM
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
J
jbtaj Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Help please, I have UltraPack installed, in the style folder there are 7,603 styles, but in the Stylepicker I only have 5,733. Run the rebuild fast/low but no more styles found.

What could be going on?

jbtaj #623718 11/18/20 06:41 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Check to make sure you are not filtering for any styles. I sometimes forget that I have only a certain group of styles showing like 4:4 or 3:4 timing etc.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Yes, press the Clear button first, and see if that makes a difference.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
jbtaj #623845 11/19/20 03:39 AM
J
Expert
Expert
J
Also go to Help, What Add-ins Do I Have and see if you are missing any that should have been included in the UltraPak.

I have used BIAB since the inception eon's ago and in my collection I have 13,012 files with the .STY extension in my styles directory but I only show 9,307 in StylePicker. That is quite a few missing styles in StylePicker and I have never figuured it out.

One day I'll export the list as a text file and then compare what I have with the list that StylePiker shows and then try and load some of the missing styles to see what happens.

As it stands I have 3,705 styles on the hardrive that are not showing up in StylePicker even have doing a slow rebuild numerous times.

This is an old problem that has never been resovled by PGMUSIC

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
jbtaj #623922 11/19/20 10:59 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Some of the STY files are substyles files (part markers C/D, E/F, etc) which aren't listed in StylePicker as standalone styles, so StylePicker will always have fewer entries than the number of STY files.

My computer has 10,028 STY files in the BB\Styles folder. StylePicker shows 9,690, leaving 338 unaccounted for. Of those, there are 154 substyles files (they're the ones that end in a "+" in the filename. That leaves 184 not accounted for. I have a bunch I've downloaded from the web over the years,so it is possible some of them might be corrupt or unreadable.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
jbtaj #623946 11/19/20 12:32 PM
J
jbtaj Offline OP
OP Offline
J
thank you all for your valuable feedback!

jbtaj #625764 11/27/20 04:21 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
So problem happened to me. I'm 2020 UltraPak, user, Mac.

On Styles Charts, there is an option of

Other - "show all styles that are found/not found" - "show all styles including n/a styles"

by choosing this option, I should have 7,642 styles, however, only 5,272 styles are available.

For the "not available" styles, I'm able to listen to the demo, that means the .m4a file exist. For example, I'm gonna use "-500 WATT" which is perfect for "Mary has a little lamb" of SRV, but when I click "OK" to use, 3 out of 4 tracks are not available but the drums track.

So anyone inside or outside PG can tell me what had happened? I even reinstall the relative sets, that didn't work. I don't know where have the disappeared tracks gone... Need help, thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro 2020/Cubase 10.5/Komplete 12 Ultimate/SpecSonic KeyScape
jbtaj #625832 11/28/20 12:11 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
I am not a mac user but there should be a button for rebuilding the styles. Use the slow rebuild and see if it helps.

...Deb

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Also, make sure that no filters are in place by pressing the 'Clear' button in the Style Picker.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
jbtaj #625925 11/28/20 08:04 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
cleared several time, and tried rebuild too.

the problem is due to the unavailable real tracks (.st2), i even reinstalled some package, but did not work.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello,

Quote:
For the "not available" styles, I'm able to listen to the demo, that means the .m4a file exist. For example, I'm gonna use "-500 WATT" which is perfect for "Mary has a little lamb" of SRV, but when I click "OK" to use, 3 out of 4 tracks are not available but the drums track.

I believe you have the UltraPAK so I wouldn't expect you to have any missing Drums.

Is this the style _500WATT.STY? This uses the Drums RockSyncKick^ which was part of RealTracks Set 273.

A) Do you see RockSyncKick^ in your Drums folder?
B) If so, check the RealDrums Preferences dialog and make sure that your Drums folder location is what you expect (if you are using a custom folder).

Edit: I think I misunderstood your question. Are you missing the RealTracks from this style, or the Drums?

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 11/28/20 07:09 PM.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
jbtaj #626114 11/28/20 08:35 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
all 4 tracks of this style, but only drum works, all other 3 tracks are n/a

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The three RealTracks used (RT# 1717, 1718, 1719) are from Set 156. I suggest:

A)
Check in the RealTracks Preferences that your RealTracks folder location is what you expect (empty if just using the internal hard drive Band-in-a-Box folder.

B)
Check in the RealTracks Picker, show n/a checkbox and sort by Set # column. See if there's a range of sets that are N/A - maybe you just need to install some missing sets.

Are all RealTracks missing, or just a few, and do they show up as N/A [RT Folder] or N/A [ST2 Missing], or just N/A?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
jbtaj #626227 11/29/20 08:30 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your quick response like always.

A) I did checked the Preference of the RealTracks, everything fine, just leave the "custom RealTracks Folder" as unchecked, since I installed all BIAB in the internal HardDrive.

B) I checked the RealTracks Picker, as I mentioned on the previous thread, only 5272 out of 7642 are available. For the Styles including RealTracks and RealTracks with MIDI, supposed to have 4942, but 2305 of them contains N/A tracks.

So not all RealTracks were missing, just part of them. The reason seems like various, mostly of ST2 missing.

Hopefully I made sense.

jbtaj #626263 11/29/20 10:39 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
BTW, I tried reinstalling the relative sets, but nothing help for the issue.

In fact, the style of "_500 WATT" is simply an example, I'm experiencing the problem for about 1/4 of the styles, just listed some detail numbers as above.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I have a feeling that some of the files need their permissions fixed. Please install the latest Update patch for Band-in-a-Box 2020 Mac (build 420) (just run the installer even if you already have build 420), and will fix those issues. Afterwards, open the StylePicker and re-build again, and see if the problem is resolved.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
jbtaj #626283 11/29/20 12:16 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
but where is the update patch of build 420? on the my product page, only have the full installation file.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
finally I found the update patch on the "support" page, and reinstalled it. Unfortunately, the issue is still existing...

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Ok, then let's focus on one RT # 1717 (Bass, Electric...)

In the RealTracks Picker, does it show it as N/A, N/A (ST2..) or N/A (RT Folder)?

In your Band-in-a-Box/Soloists folder, do you have the file RBass135.ST2?
In your Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks folder, do you have the subfolder 'Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockStraight Ev 120' ?

In the downloaded DMG containing RT set 156, do you have an install_log.txt file in the RealTracks Packages folder?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I attached 3 images for your 3 questions.

For the last question, commonly, after installation, it was deleted, or where can I get the log file?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,342
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213