After the hurricanes and my computer being down for weeks there were updates on pretty much everything but I believe the culprit for this problem is Win 10 update 2004 which now makes Reaper, Cakewalk, BIAB and Realband have crackles and pops no matter where I set latency - actually higher makes it even worse.

I have run LatencyMon and it says audio should be fine but it's not. I have sample rates set to 24 bit 41,000. I have IDT sound disabled. The good old EMU was working perfectly before the update. And windows troubleshooting says I'm using the best driver. The weird thing is I thought I had it fixed when I disabled the IDT Audio which had gotten turned back on with that update - but it was short lived and then the crackles and pops returned.

These pops and crackles drive me nuts and I can't make any music or upload anything or even enjoy just listening. I don't have time for this - I'm trying to find a decent contractor to fix my house (that's a rant for another thread. crazy )

I've read so many threads with other people haVing this problem and nothing they did fixed it so I'm hoping Microsoft will step up if that's true.

I'm rambling. Dear Lord, I need a break here. grin