Does anybody refurbish ThinkPad computers?

I'm thinking about retiring my 2002 ThinkPad. It's used on stage to display words or music notation and as a backup to play mp3 backing tracks in case my other stage ThinkPad dies on the gig. Since 2002 I've gone to the backup computer twice, that's not a bad track record.

I have a few others that through the years have been retired from my desktop/studio as they got too old to run modern software. A couple of newer than 2002 laptops on stage might be nice as screen displays have been improved since the early 2000s.

I know I can buy refurbished computers at places like NewEgg, but that seems foolish if I have my own. If it's economical to refurbish my own it sounds like a better deal, after all, I know how they have been treated.

If it costs too much, I don't want to do it, but if not, it seems like a good way to recycle old gear.

Thanks,
Notes

PS, I guess this shouldn't have gone into the SOS forum, sorry about that, it should have gone in plain Off Topic. I wasn't paying enough attention when I got this 'great idea'.

Last edited by Notes Norton; 12/30/20 12:10 PM.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks