PG Music Home
I have set the shots setting in preferences to -10 yet the drums when subject to a stop or hold ( .. or ... ) are horrendously loud...happens in all drums and whether in part A or B (or others).

Obviously the shots settings isn't where it is fixed, are there other places to investigate?

Thanks
The easiest way is in the Audio Edit window with volume automation.
hmmm, should not have to do that really - the shots and holds levels should be even in the first place!
Are your drums MIDI or a RealDrum track?

If it's MIDI, there is that setting that you found, but it only affects MIDI to my knowledge. It's old and predates RealDrums (2007) by decades.

If it's a RealDrum, please give us the name, and knowing the style you use wouldn't hurt. You could also post a link to the song for us to hear.
I used the option to make Shots softer just recently for RTs. It worked fine.

I guess we need a bit more info. What Matt above asked and version of BIAB.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Are your drums MIDI or a RealDrum track?

If it's MIDI, there is that setting that you found, but it only affects MIDI to my knowledge. It's old and predates RealDrums (2007) by decades.

If it's a RealDrum, please give us the name, and knowing the style you use wouldn't hurt. You could also post a link to the song for us to hear.

ok, _Olive.STY - there are plenty of others as the same drums are used in many different styles. Set a chord stop eg C.. and listen to how loud the drum stop is!
Here is what _Olive.sty sounds like for me... I think this is what it is *supposed* to sound like, but you can compare to yours. This is 4 bars of A, 4 bars of B, and ending bars.
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/misc/_olive_render.m4a
© PG Music Forums