PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel Partial Re-gen question - 03/02/23 05:28 AM
Is it possible to regen ALL instruments at the same time after highlighting the bars you want to change? I can't see a way of doing that. It looks like I can only re-gen one instrument at a time.
It would be particularly useful when arranging in BB and changing a chord or chord run to hear how it sits with the whole band playing.
At the moment the only way is to hit Re-gen & Play but that might lose some nice artifacts elsewhere that I might have wanted to keep.
Bests
Ian
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Partial Re-gen question - 03/02/23 06:23 AM
Not sure if this helps, but freeze any other track that you really don't want to lose.

(But I understand that this is not exactly what your request is, as the new generation might not fit well with the existing material)

An 'undo' feature would possibly work to give you a recovery path?
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Partial Re-gen question - 03/02/23 11:37 AM
Quite so, Trev.
Currently I get an idea for what might be a nice chord change and have to unfreeze each track in turn, select the bars, re-gen it and listen. And then do it with tracks 2, 3 , 4 etc. Tedious.
Why not simply add an "all instruments" in the menu choice with an UNDO option?
Until then - -
Bests
ian
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Partial Re-gen question - 03/02/23 11:39 AM
Quite so, Trev.
Currently I get an idea for what might be a nice chord change and have to unfreeze each track in turn, select the bars, re-gen it and listen. And then do it with tracks 2, 3 , 4 etc. Tedious.
Why not simply add an "all instruments" in the menu choice with an UNDO option?
Until then - -
Bests
ian
© PG Music Forums