PG Music Home
Can anyone think of a workflow to accomplish this? I know how to choose a harmony and write it to a melody or soloist track. But my next step would be to convert the harmonized parts to individual tracks where I can assign each a different voice. Any thoughts?
Thinking out loud before I say I think the answer is No, I wonder if you could save the file as a MIDI file and select the setting that outputs the harmony onto four or five different MIDI tracks. Then import that back in.
If your melody track is a midi file, you can convert the track to an Artist Performance File which is audio, open the Audio Edit Window and open the Edit Menu |Harmonize and this will give you access to the Harmony List of 255 selections and also the option to place each harmony part on its own track.
If your melody track is an audio file, everything is the same with the exception you don't have to convert the track to an Artist Performance File.

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-03-02 204339.gif
Attached picture Screenshot 2023-03-02 202548.jpg
WOW !! I never would have guessed that !! I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
I'm sorry, but I tried this and there must be steps I am missing (and apparently there are several duplicate "edit audio" menu choices in BIAB in different places. I was unable to replicate what you did and never see a menu choice having anything to do with harmonies.
Originally Posted By: PhillyJazz
I'm sorry, but I tried this and there must be steps I am missing (and apparently there are several duplicate "edit audio" menu choices in BIAB in different places. I was unable to replicate what you did and never see a menu choice having anything to do with harmonies.

Yes, redundant buttons. Use the one here!

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-03-03 185958.jpg
Hi,

This is a follow-on from Matt's post.

I've just set BIAB to save the harmony to different midi channels (Prefs | Harmony) and then saved the file as MIDI (making sure that "save harmony" is active in the MIDI options). When I opened the file in Realband, each of the harmony tracks opened on individual Realband tracks but they were all set to channel 4.

I'll have to investigate this a little further since harmony is not something that I've played around with much.

--Noel
as often the case, if you are working in RB this is dead easy. open the BIAB file, choose your harmony and then tick the options to save harmony on separate tracks. then i suppose you could save as an mgu and reopen in BIAB.

things that are complicated in BIAB are often so easy in RB
The Harmonizer is found in the Edit Menu from the Audio Edit Window - The Audio Edit Window Icon is in the Views Toolbar beside the Piano Roll Icon.

Attached is a screen shot of Piano 2 midi data pasted to the Harmony Track playing a Trumpet Playable RealTrack.

RealBand and BIAB share the same 255 Harmony pre-sets so there is no advantage to exporting, importing tracks to RealBand. It's a very straight forward technique in BIAB.

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-03-05 230020.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot 2023-03-05 232732.jpg
This appears to be the easiest solution. Thanks.
Charlie the only reason I suggested going back into BIAB was the implicit request for a BIAB solution. I would stay in RB personally. What's obvious in RB needs an in depth knowledge in BIAB. a steep learning curve i'm happy to avoid. but glad you could solve the OPs problem
No problem Bob. I was just pointing out the two dialog windows are the same between BIAB and RB so the task should be similar with either program. I learned that Playable RT's could be applied which I didn't know earlier and that also should also be the same in RB. That's an awesome tool.
I appreciate the response. It would have been NICE to do it in BIAB, but I'm used to going into RB to do more complex stuff. I still wouldn't have figured it out on my own.
I guess my confusion came from assuming it was a MIDI track I was attempting to harmonize (so saw no data in the Audio Edit window. I learned a lot that can be done with the audio track, though. The "transcribe" is pretty cool.
© PG Music Forums