PG Music Home
Posted By: ralston BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 10:08 AM
Hello

Am using BB 2023, evrything was working fine, then suddenly the program doesn't recognize the realtracks at all.

Reinstalled, and same problem..

Help!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 10:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

When you installed / reinstalled, did you select a Custom location for your RealTracks? This is typically a different and larger drive than the drive where you might install your main BIAB program. Related, if you are using a USB drive, the drive letter for that drive can be reassigned if you plug in other external drives. There is an easy solution if that’s what is happening.

Please tell us more. Is there anything at all unusual about how you installed BIAB? Which choice did you make in the Setup as to where the RealTracks are?
Posted By: rallypally Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 10:56 AM
Hi Matt

Thank you for your reply.

The realtracks and realdrums are both installed on external HDD (F:)...no other external HDD

The realdrums are loading fine, but not the realtracks.
I've set the custom folder to F:\realtracks, clicked "update" and ok

still same issue
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 12:48 PM
It sounds (oops, bad choice of words) like you’ve done everything right. The fact that RealDrums work means that my guess was incorrect.

Please call Support. There’s a tab near the top of the forum that has the info you need. Or Live Chat.

Be sure to tell them what version and build number you have, and if it’s Mac or Windows. The build number can be found in the Help, About menu.

But one last guess: the path you entered should be F:/bb/realtracks and it looks like you left out the ‘bb’ part.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 09:56 PM
Quote:
the program doesn't recognize the realtracks

What, specifically, is the error/problem you are seeing there. In other words, what makes you think it doesn't recognize RealTracks? For example, are there some that are displayed as N/A in the RealTracks Picker? For a RealTracks instrument to be 'recognized', it has to have a folder in your RealTracks folder, and an ST2 file in the bb\Soloists folder.
Posted By: ralston Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 10:43 PM
must F drive (holding realtracks) include "bb" even if the program is installed on c drive?
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 10:49 PM
Quote:
must F drive (holding realtracks) include "bb" even if the program is installed on c drive?

No, your RealTracks folder can technically be F:\RealTracks.
Posted By: ralston Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 10:56 PM
Ok,

I tried something...I had another drive with realtracks and realdrums installed.

When I switched over to that, it now seems to be working..

Could it maybe be an issue with the other external USB drive?

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 11:17 PM
Perhaps.

First, I apologize. I thought all the responses were from the same person, and I see they are not.

Yes, sure, the RealTracks can be on whatever folder you want them (except in /Program Files; bad idea). But since the default installation is C:/BB/ I assumed most people would name their new RealTracks location similarly, under /BB . I think, but cannot say for certain, that if you specify drive F while installing as the location of your RealTracks, the installer will create F:/BB/Realtracks.

OK, now that we know the original post is from Ralston, can you answer these questions:

• What package did you buy? Pro? UltraPak? Something else?
  • What choice did you specify when you installed the program and it asked where you want the RealTracks?
  • Can you tell us where the RealTracks are now that just worked, and where you think you want them and they aren't working?
  • Is this a Mac or Windows version? What version (like 2023) and what build number (like 1007) are you running? Use the menu Help, About to see this answer.
Posted By: ralston Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 11:43 PM
* I have ULTRAPak 2003, build 1001
* I chose F:\ external drive for realtracks setup (has enough space for everything)
* The realtracks location I chose now is on my D:\ partition (shared with C drive physical HDD) - I choose this drive because its smaller in size ( I keep mainly bass, drums and some strings & horn tracks)
* Windows PC
Posted By: ralston Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/06/23 11:49 PM
sorry..previous post typo...ULTRAPak 2023
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/07/23 12:43 AM
Thanks. Then you should have all the RealTracks, so that's not an issue.

The first thing you should do is update to build 1006. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=745902#Post745902

Are you absolutely sure the drive path is the same in the Options, Preferences, RealTracks, Custom Location as the place where the files are on drive F?
Posted By: ralston Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/07/23 02:10 AM
yep..absolutely sure
Posted By: ralston Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/07/23 03:41 AM
question,

So, if I remove the "soloists" folder under c:\bb, would this make the realtracks N/A for playback?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/07/23 11:36 AM
I don’t know about deleting the Soloists folder.

At this point I recommend you call PG Music Support. Info is in the Support tab at the top of the forum pages. Usually, I can help with this kind of question, but apparently not this time. Good luck.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/07/23 04:03 PM
Quote:
So, if I remove the "soloists" folder under c:\bb, would this make the realtracks N/A for playback?

Yes, it would -- is that what happened then?

If you open the RealTracks Picker and check the "Show N/A..." checkbox at the bottom of the window, it will show you all the RT's whether they are found or not. If neither the RealTracks folder or the ST2 (bb\Soloists folder) is found, it will display "N/A" beside the name of the instrument. If the RealTracks folder is found but the ST2 (Soloists folder) is not, then it will display "N/A (xxxx.ST2 not found in BB)" where xxxx is the name of the required ST2 for that instrument.

Prior to taking a look there, and especially if you have made some changes to your folders, I would:

1. Reboot BIAB.
2. Open the StylePicker and click Rebuild (fast) in there. That rebuilds everything, including the RealTracks list.
Posted By: ralston Re: BB stopped reading realtracks - 03/09/23 12:40 AM
alright..got it smile

things are back to working order again..

than you everyone! smile
© PG Music Forums