PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel Style for "Everybody:s Talkin'? - 03/12/23 04:56 PM
As a Brit unused to folky pop country I'm completely lost trying to find a style or combination of RTs that work with Nilssons Everybody's Talkin'. Not my genre at all and admit to being thoroughly lost now.
The drum track is some kind of brushes RD. Where do i go from there?
Bests
Ian
Posted By: SaxaBruce Re: Style for "Everybody:s Talkin'? - 03/12/23 09:49 PM
Hi Ian, the guitar fingerpicking pattern in Harry Nilsson's recording sets the whol thing in motion. Trying to get that feel was a real challenge. Using the song title filter in the style picker I think the Even 16ths Fingerstyle folk styles (_FLKSE16 and _FGBRSH1 and _SUNRIDJ)come pretty close to the feel of Nilsson's version to my ears. Check 'em out and see what YOU think.

That said, this tune has been covered by so many, in so many different ways, I decided to go with Joe Sample and Randy Crawford's version as the foundation for my arrangement of this song. It was much easier to find RT styles that matched.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Style for "Everybody:s Talkin'? - 03/12/23 10:49 PM
For RealDrums use the search term, "train". Country Train Brushes & Train Beat Brushes likely will work. TrainBeatBrushes has stems in 2023 BiaB so you can control the kick/snare balance.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Style for "Everybody:s Talkin'? - 03/13/23 01:53 PM
Thank you for all the hints and tips and direction to look in.
I'll see how it turns out.
Bests
Ian
© PG Music Forums