PG Music Home
Hi.
I started work on a song on a laptop in my studio and I've laid out the chords and got everything working ok. I copied the project to a usb stick and took it home to work on on another pc. The file opens up and looks as if its stepping through the sequence but there's no audio. I've tried regenerating, changing the style etc but nothing. Other projects work fine. it's going to be difficult to try and copy again so any ideas what's happening? Can I copy the chord sheet with all the layout and bar edits into a new song to see if that fixes it?

Thanks in advance.
Dino
Dino:

If you take the USB stick back to your studio laptop, does it play OK there? If so, the problem would seem to be on the PC at home. I am assuming that the 'project' is a BIAB file? Also is the BIAB setup you have on both computers exactly the same? That would make sure that you have all the necessary files to play the project on both systems.

jcland
Hi Dino.

Is it the same version of BIAB on both laptop and home PC? Is it possible that you've been using some software plugins on the lap top that don't exist on the PC?

--Noel
Quote:
The file opens up and looks as if its stepping through the sequence but there's no audio.

What are the Audio Settings on the other PC at home? (Options > MIDI / Audio driver setup)
I agree, we need more info. The questions above are all good.

Let's start with the fact that it should work. Assuming you have the same RealTracks, RealDrums and MIDI including styles on both machines, you should be able to create a file on one machine, save it, and open it successfully on the other.

So, is the BIAB installation the same on both machines?
What are the audio and MIDI settings on each machine?
Any plugins used on the laptop with this BIAB song?
<< Can I copy the chord sheet with all the layout and bar edits into a new song to see if that fixes it? >>

Yes. Here's screenshots from Windows version of BIAB. Copy it as a text file to the USB stick to move between the laptop and PC. The screenshot also displays the command to paste the text file to the BIAB SGU file.

Attached picture Copy Special.jpg
Attached picture Song to Text file dialog window.jpg
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Its sorted now. Turns out the obvious eluded me, a cabling issue!!
Sorry for the delay in answering, got ........sidetracked.
© PG Music Forums