PG Music Home
Posted By: musocity MuLab VST a DAW Inside Biab - 03/22/23 06:52 AM
Free try version https://www.mutools.com/mulab-plugin-downloads.html

This will allow electronic song sections within a Biab song by muting Biab tracks with F5 or volume automation.
You can drag and drop Midi or Audio tracks/loops/section into it's tracks.
Any audio or midi item can be easily edited with non destructive editing.
You can add any VST/VSTi to the tracks in MuLab.
*It would work well from Biab DROP export if it did not have ^ in the rendered files "RealDrums NashvilleEven8^8", the other instruments drag in ok. You can highlight any section of chords on the chord sheet then drag the instrument or Master to DROP "+" to have the option of dry, center and flat.

EDIT: this works better if you just put the folder in C:\ root as it needs write access.
Extract the "MuLab PlugIn (64 bit)" from Zip to your VST2 64bit folder then right click on folder > Properties and un-check read only > Apply.
Go to Project > Open Demo for sample projects.
Make sure to enable "Host Sync" button top right (right click for options).
Ctrl+spacebar is not working properly at the moment to play from very start so to play from very start hit the <rewind button in MuLab first or click the cursor in the ACW or Audio Edit window at the very start then spacebar.
You can highlight a section on the chord sheet then loop play and it will follow.
For drag n drop set file browser to Run As Administrator if Biab is set to that.

Attached picture BB23-MU-Lab-VST.png
Posted By: musocity Re: MuLab VST a DAW Inside Biab - 06/08/23 07:34 PM
This is another example how to sync Biab with a DAW, but to be able to do it with any DAW you need THIS.
Posted By: MusicVillain Re: MuLab VST a DAW Inside Biab - 06/08/23 09:04 PM
My understanding is, this MuLab thing is just another DAW, similar to Studio One, FL Studio, Cubase, Reaper, etc, but not as popular, as fully functional, as the mainstream DAWs, am I right?

Similar to FL Studio, MuLab has a VST version, which means it can be inserted into BiaB as a plugin, and allow playback sync, which is the purpose of this post, right?

So far, to allow transport sync with BiaB, there are a few options.

1. FL Studio Plugin
2. MuLab Plugin
3. ReWire + Cubase
4. ReWire + Reaper

Anything else?
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: MuLab VST a DAW Inside Biab - 06/08/23 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicVillain

1. FL Studio Plugin

What version of FL Studio can realize synchronous playback with BIAB?
Posted By: musocity Re: MuLab VST a DAW Inside Biab - 06/09/23 02:33 AM
Originally Posted By: MusicVillain

With the RewireVST Biab needs to be the master, I don't think Cubase can be a Rewire slave, any DAW that can be a Rewire slave will work but there are only a few that will do this.

Ableton can't use VSTs in slave mode like Reaper and FL Studio.
MuLab VST version seems to have most functions, it will use VST's. The only issue I had was it did not adjust the tempo of audio tracks when you change the project, I did report it but know if it's been fixed in the latest version ?

All these issues would be solved if PG made the the transport sync plugin to slave Biab to ANY DAW. It would follow any tempo map using elastique pro, then if you export tracks to the DAW the ACID info will fit the wav file to the DAW tempo map.
Down the track they can create: Look Ma RealTimeSignatures.

Attached picture BB23-Rewire-Clients.png
Posted By: musocity Re: MuLab VST a DAW Inside Biab - 06/09/23 02:40 AM
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
..What version of FL Studio can realize synchronous playback with BIAB?

you should have FL Studio VSTi (Multi).dll somewhere, load it then click the logo in the red circle, make sure you have a midi note on the track if you want to render the FL track into the Biab song.

Attached picture BB23-FL-VST.png
© PG Music Forums