PG Music Home
Posted By: igranrene Band in a Box - 10/17/23 06:46 AM
Apologies if these questions have been covered to death, but what do you guys think of "Band in a Box"? Is it a good product? Who is it for? Which package is the best value?

FYI, I have no connection to the company. Just curious about their product. Will it be replaced by AI?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Band in a Box - 10/17/23 07:06 PM
I think of BIAB as my favorite software program of all time.

BIAB is a phenomenal product.

It is for anyone who would like to make music.

The best value package is the UltraPak, since it contains all the styles and sounds made by the company and is less expensive than buying the basic (Pro) package and adding on. https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

AI is being incorporated into many software programs. I would venture an opinion that BIAB was one of the first to use it, but then, you would have to define AI.

Tell us more about who you are and why you ask these questions.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Band in a Box - 10/17/23 07:33 PM
BiaB is indeed phenomenal and should be in the toolbox of every muscian and student of music.

I don't see it being replaced by AI, rather, I expect to see AI being incorporated into BiaB more and more as time goes on.
Posted By: Marcus2323 Re: Band in a Box - 10/17/23 09:23 PM
You might want to wait until December when the new 2024 version comes out and is usually on sale.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band in a Box - 10/17/23 11:11 PM
All good responses above. BiaB is rather special in that it is quite unique in the music that it can deliver. It is incredibly flexible, and covers all levels of musical skills from just about zero to total professional.

You don't need to be an expert to get tremendous results from BiaB.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Band in a Box - 10/19/23 01:34 PM
The three most important and essential tools in my toolbox (not counting my physical instruments like sax, guitar etc.) are:
  1. DAW / MIDI sequencer
  2. Band-in-a-Box
  3. Music notation program

With these I can make excellent computer music and print a professionally looking piece of sheet music to go along with it.

I can't praise BiaB too much.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫
© PG Music Forums