PG Music Home
Is it me or is the partial regenerate for drum tracks just a non functioning button? It just regenerates the entire drum track. Also there is no copy paste option for regenerate so we still need to use alt-F8 - which still doesn't recognise drum tracks?

I'm not going to moan too much at this stage, maybe I need to read the manual further and wait for fixes, but so far I am completely underwhelmed with the update. I'm clearly missing something that everyone else here seems to be excited about.

The Multipicker is a great start to trying to improve things but as far as workflow goes, the only advantage so far (for me) is that I can open the realtrack picker with one click instead of two - while at the same time I'm now faced with more added clicks for options, which wasn't there before - just feels like one step forward and one back. Sorry to be the odd one out but I just don't have a desire to click/window/more windows/more mouse/click/click/Cancel/Ok

If I want to "select best" then I still have to go through an array of unnecessary clicks, menus and sub-menus - which should never have been a thing in the first place.
I had the same issue with UserTracks it regenerated the whole track with the new UserTrack rather than adding a different UserTrack to that section.
I can't believe I'm the only one mentioning this which makes me wonder if I've got something wrong?
Simply put, drums cannot be partially regenerated, despite there being an option for it. is it just me?
Originally Posted by Lee N
Is it me or is the partial regenerate for drum tracks just a non functioning button? It just regenerates the entire drum track. Also there is no copy paste option for regenerate so we still need to use alt-F8 - which still doesn't recognise drum tracks? ....

Indeed it may not just be as a result of your actions, and may be widespread.

Is it possible for you to create a list of steps that show how this issue can be repeated? E.g. 1: use Style: 'xxx', 2: generate the song, 3:select the drum track in window 'xxx', 4; click on: 'yyy', 5: select a portion of the drum track by doing 'zzz', etc?

If we can replicate the exact steps, this helps us to bring the issue to the attention of the developers for faster resolution.
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Is it me or is the partial regenerate for drum tracks just a non functioning button? It just regenerates the entire drum track. Also there is no copy paste option for regenerate so we still need to use alt-F8 - which still doesn't recognise drum tracks? ....

Indeed it may not just be as a result of your actions, and may be widespread.

Is it possible for you to create a list of steps that show how this issue can be repeated? E.g. 1: use Style: 'xxx', 2: generate the song, 3:select the drum track in window 'xxx', 4; click on: 'yyy', 5: select a portion of the drum track by doing 'zzz', etc?

If we can replicate the exact steps, this helps us to bring the issue to the attention of the developers for faster resolution.

Build 1102, Windows 10 btw.

Nothing works. I've tried everything, in every view, multiple styles, multiple drum tracks, checked frozen etc. I've only tried from the multipicker because it's the only place that recognises realdrums.
But so that we're on the same page, I'll do this now as I type :

1: Open BIAB and click "New" just to start clean and not enter any chords, just leave 32 bars of the defalt C
2: Open Multipicker, go to styles and I'll select _INFUSE - click apply
3: Go to the real drums tab, double check the drums are selected in the list (BroCountryPop8ths) and click the Part Gen button
4: leave the default option as is "Bar based range / Bar 1 to 4 / Chorus 1 and click Re-Gen this range

That's it, the entire drum track is regenerated.
I've tried about 10 styles, existing songs, different real drums old and new. Tried from just about every edit window.

Thanks
Thanks for the detail. It may be that what is happening is that the entire track needs to be generated before a partial section of the track can be generated.

However, looking at the drums track in the Tracks View, it definitely shows that more than the selected bars are generated each time.

I'll report this to the developers.
Thanks for the detail. It may be that what is happening is that the entire track needs to be generated before a partial section of the track can be generated.

I've already tried that too.

Thanks

I've already tried that too.

Thanks
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the entire track appears to be generated every time. I've definitely confirmed that the problem is more than the requirement for an original generation, and reported this post and further detail to the developers.
© PG Music Forums