PG Music Home
Posted By: Jon Thomas "Record from bar" problem ... anybody? - 12/27/23 10:13 PM
I've been having problems with the "Record from bar" option, in the Audio / Record Audio menu. When I record, the actual recording does not happen at the designated bar, but at a totally different bar. Also, the recording doesn't start at the beginning of the (wrong) bar, but somewhere in the middle of it. I tried to record to a different track, I tried going back to the factory settings, I tried restarting BIAB, I tried on different songs (including a completely empty, untouched default song, just to test it). When I try recording from the beginning of the song, things seem to work fine. I'm using BIAB 2024 v. 1108, win10.
If anybody shares the same experience, please let me know - it would be useful to know (and let PGM know) if it's only my problem, specific to my situation, or not

PS just to clarify, the playback while recording happens at the right bar. But then the recorded audio is placed in a different positions of the song
Just to make sure, you are not forgetting to click the radio button next to "From Bar" in the menu?

I tried test recording to start at bar 2, seems to be working OK.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Thanks but no, i haven't forgotten that.
Example of what i see:
- i instruct biab to record from bar 46
- i start recording, playback starts at 46, as it should (actually it starts a couple of bars before, as it should)
- after the recording is finished, the recorded audio appears in the middle of bar .... 25 (or some other random bar). This is also shown in the audio edit window.
I'll email support if no one else is experiencing this
Posted By: ThomasS Re: "Record from bar" problem ... anybody? - 12/28/23 09:21 PM
I'm getting the SAME problem, all kinds of weird start places, using the new 2024. I've tried all the different options. Record from the start of song works (at least at first) but when I want to record from a specific bar it sometimes works, but often does not. It records from a different spot. Sometimes it stops recording after a few bars. Sometimes it writes a big number in the bar-start or chorus box.
I was able to duplicate this. In my test it happens only when recording from the middle of the song and only if it's the first time you record in the session. A workaround is to record audio (can be as short as one bar), keep take, undo, and then record your actual takes.
Posted By: ThomasS Re: "Record from bar" problem ... anybody? - 12/29/23 03:01 AM
Andrew - I'm getting the problem recording MIDI (not audio.) And the problem is not only if it is the first take. In fact the first take starting at the beginning is usually good. It is subsequent takes starting later in the song that don't work very often. Is there a workaround for this?
© PG Music Forums