PG Music Home
Posted By: Funkifized This is really specific, but... - 01/01/24 06:30 PM
I'm checking out all the styles I've gotten with 2024, one-by-one. I'm listening to the demo tracks, but then also applying the style to my own chord progression, hitting the "Generate" button.

I'm befuddled. I've entered 4 measures of a chord progression: ||C |Fm6 |Bb7 ,Bdim|C ||
Used this for my test progression for each of the styles. When I got to the Bossa styles, there are a few certain styles that just crash upon Generate, whether in the StylePicker, or from the Chords window. The styles are _BOSSAGT _BOSSAG _BOSSAN . I copied and pasted the progression "# of times to repeat" at 10, so 44 measures. The program just crashes.

Here's the kicker: changing the chord progression seems to make it work. Changing the number of measures in my song to under 8 measures seems to work.

Anyone else getting this? Did I hit upon the magic chord progression that shall not be played? BTW, I have done "Return to Factory Settings" a number of times to troubleshoot, and have gone into c:\bb\preferences and deleted Mysetup.dk and intrface.bbw
to no avail. BTW, those two files never returned, either.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: This is really specific, but... - 01/01/24 10:44 PM
I'll try to get some time on a computer to see if I can duplicate this.

You did the right diagnostic steps. As for the two files not recreating themselves, this would happen if the program is not shutting down correctly. If each time you restart BIAB you run a test and crash the program, then I would not expect to see those files. Try doing something else in BIAB this time, close the program normally, and then check.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: This is really specific, but... - 01/02/24 01:27 PM
You are correct. I just loaded the 1st style and populated 44 measures. I clicked generate, which it did and after 2 count in drum beats it crashed, closed immediately and left me back at the desktop.

_Bossag.sty loaded once and played fine. It failed on the 2nd go around.

The 3rd style, _Bossan.sty crashes also.

So I have 3 out of 3 mentioned styles that fail.

I then turned off fast generation of real tracks and the 3 styles that crashed loaded fine and played for a couple of regenerations using style _Bossag.sty and it crashed on the next time around. With fast generation turned on, they all crash immediately.

I then made the song only 12 measures using style _Bossag.sty and was able to regenerate 25 time in an row without a crash.

I then made the song only 24 measures using style _Bossag.styand it crashed after the 3rd try.

I'm done testing.

Victoria, we have a problem!
Thanks, we will look into this.
Posted By: Funkifized Re: This is really specific, but... - 01/02/24 08:29 PM
I did a quick retest. I used a 4-bar pattern, this time C->G->Am->F (Bossa tribute to Let It Be), Copy From.. To.. number of x to repeat copy = 10 and it worked fine. I re-entered my initial chord progression, C->Fm6->Bb7 ,Bdim->C, copied it number of x to repeat copy = 10, and it crashed during Regeneration.

Did I find the chord progression that is to never be played?
Posted By: Funkifized Re: This is really specific, but... - 01/04/24 01:07 PM
Correct. I was only regenerating after crashing. Those files reformed after shutting down successfully.
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
As for the two files not recreating themselves, this would happen if the program is not shutting down correctly. If each time you restart BIAB you run a test and crash the program, then I would not expect to see those files. Try doing something else in BIAB this time, close the program normally, and then check.
Posted By: Funkifized Re: This is really specific, but... - 01/11/24 06:43 PM
Ths happens with _BSGARYQ.STY
_BSPHILD.STY
Posted By: etcjoe Re: This is really specific, but... - 01/11/24 08:00 PM
The only progression that should not be played is Stairway to Heaven. ;-)
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: This is really specific, but... - 01/11/24 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Funkifized
Ths happens with _BSGARYQ.STY
_BSPHILD.STY

Tried the same thing and it worked twice. Crashed on the 3rd time around.

Tried it again and it went 10 times without a hitch. Whatever it is, it does not happen all the time.

Attached picture bb.jpg
© PG Music Forums