PG Music Home
I have a MIDI track that I am trying to edit and move some parts around. It will let me do an ALT A to highlight all of the notes,
but I can't mark any single note or group of notes on that track. (Same problem with 2024 or 2023)

I can copy that track to a Utility Track, with the same results. Is there some kind of setting that could cause this?
Can a MIDI track be read only?

Anyone? Thanks!
Is you BIAB track frozen? Otherwise, I would say no to that question. Can you send us the midi track to look at it.
Originally Posted by DrDan
Is you BIAB track frozen? Otherwise, I would say no to that question. Can you send us the midi track to look at it.

First, no it wasn't frozen.
Out of desperation, I muted all of the tracks except the one in question, then exported the file as a MIDI, having just the one track I needed, and then imported the file into the Melody track and edited.

Afterwards, I exited the original MGU file and opened it again and I was able to edit the track in question.
So, still a mystery to me what caused the issue. But now I know what to do, should it happen again!

Thanks, sorry for my ineptitude!
Originally Posted by Thunderthud
I have a MIDI track that I am trying to edit and move some parts around. It will let me do an ALT A to highlight all of the notes,
but I can't mark any single note or group of notes on that track. (Same problem with 2024 or 2023)

I can copy that track to a Utility Track, with the same results. Is there some kind of setting that could cause this?
Can a MIDI track be read only?

Anyone? Thanks!

Does this midi contain multiple channels of information or is it just a single channel of information?
Originally Posted by Noel96
Does this midi contain multiple channels of information or is it just a single channel of information?
It had one that I could see in the Piano Roll, but when I tried copying it to another track is showed two. Thanks.
It happened the same thing to me. In my case, the midi track is uneditable if i record midi info from the sustain pedal. If i dont record the sustain pedal, all is fine. It took me hours to figure out. Yet another one for the developers to fix. Hope they do.
A second track is often present as it contains performance information. As Jon Thomas has indicated, with some instruments, for example piano, how the notes were sustained is often written on a second and since this information is not pitch-based, it doesn't show up in keyboard region of piano.
Thanks everyone, appreciate your input!
© PG Music Forums