PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane Part markers do not change drums - 01/11/24 07:47 AM
Has anyone had this happen?.....

I started a production using all A part markers for the stick (Nashville Even8 drums)

I wanted a few parts to use the snare so I changed to B part markers.

...and the Snare doesn't play (it's still using a sidestick).

I changed to a different drum set and the same thing occurs.

Latest build of BIAB 2024
All tracks are unfrozen
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Part markers do not change drums - 01/11/24 10:00 AM
Hi floyd.

Some of the people doing testing on BIAB updates have reported a couple of problems with the generation of drums. I've added your post to the forum so the development team is aware of it.

--Noel

P.S. I just tried alternating 4 bars A then 4 bars B for 16 bars and the correct change was definitely present.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Part markers do not change drums - 01/11/24 10:03 AM
I started a production using all A part markers for the stick (Nashville Even8 drums)
Hi Floyd. I wonder (quite remotely) if this could be related to the style. While I also doubt that, what PGM style are you using, or is this a user-created style?
Posted By: Lee N Re: Part markers do not change drums - 01/11/24 10:35 AM
I've had this happen a few times. Might have been the same drum style too. Can't remember how to solve but I think it's after changing tracks and styles around or maybe after freezing, some things don't clear. I usually end up solving it with no definite method but clearing and erasing things until it works again. I think I also had this problem in 2023.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Part markers do not change drums - 01/11/24 02:43 PM
It appears that my BIAB was "stuck" somehow.
Or it might be the Style....
????

I switched Styles (in a new song) and was able to change the drums at part markers...

I returned to the SGU the would not change - and it still did not change.

The style - Style is _BYNIGHT.STY (By Night Dreamy Country Ballad)
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Part markers do not change drums - 01/11/24 05:17 PM
floyd,

When I tried _BYNIGHT.STY with its demo song, I got the same result as you. There is no change in drums from the A part marker to the B part marker. Under Track Settings, the drums have been set to a simple arrangement.

[Linked Image]

Also...

Looking at _BYNIGHT.STY in "Edit current style >> Misc", only the A substyle has been enabled for the drums.Trevor was right. What you experienced is a consequence of style design. In this case, the part markers will only affect the instruments.

[Linked Image]

Regards,
--Noel

Attached picture style _bynight - force drums to simple arrangement.jpg
Attached picture style _bynight - style design.jpg
© PG Music Forums