PG Music Home
Posted By: RoGenos Create my own realtracks - 02/04/24 09:28 PM
Hello everyone and happy Sunday. I have BIAB 2020 audiophile, and I want to create my own guitar realtracks for tropical Latin styles like Vallenato and Latin Pop, the problem is that of the templates provided by PG Music, one is very simple and the others are already too complex. How can I create my own template with the most frequent chords in the genre I want to play? Thank you in advance for the help, blessings!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Create my own realtracks - 02/05/24 12:47 AM
Hi RoGenos.

UseTracks are amazing! I started seriously playing around with these three months ago and I'm super impressed with what can be done.These templates are only guides. You're completely free to create your own templates.

Points to keep in mind when making a template...

1) The template is the map for where the chords are located in the audio file, and it is used by BIAB to find the section of audio that corresponds to the chord on the chordsheet.

2) Leave the 4-bar automatic ending active when you make a template and have another template just for endings.

For example, I created a UserTrack called...

• Song_4m_Pop_1_bossabass_keyC (bars 1 to 80) 085.sgu

The ending file for this track needed to be...

• Song_4m_Pop_1_bossabass_keyC (bars 1 to 80) 085.endings.sgu

This is covered in the AudioTools video below. While this shows how UserTracks are made in Realband, the video contains some useful information that also relates to BIAB. This video covers ending, holds, etc. Although I made my tracks in BIAB, I found this video a terrific help.

3) Have chord patterns that cover 1 and 2 bars.

4) The keys that PG Music use -- C, E, G and A -- are just recommended. These chords are transposed to get other chords. For example, your chordsheet might not have a Bm chord so BIAB would transpose Cm to get that chord.

5) You can have as many different sgu files in a UserTrack directory as you like. This means that you do not need to put every chord you want on just a single, 20 minute (or longer) sgu file. It might be easier to have 10 different 2-minute sgu files, etc. The only requirement is that each file's name matches the corresponding audio file's name (excluding the extension).

I hope this helps smile
--Noel

P.S. If anyone who reads this is interested in knowing more about UserTracks, PG Music's tutorials are found at the below web page.
https://www.pgmusic.com/usertracks1.htm
Posted By: musocity Re: Create my own realtracks - 02/05/24 08:39 AM
Just create whatever you want to use, you just need enough chords repeated so Biab don't over transpose chords to fit to another, so if you only have 1 C chord it will over transpose others to try and give variations.
You can create some 4 bar endings with the first bar normal playing then strum and ring out on the 2nd bar, these are sett as Ending in the F5 > UserTracks Development.
Because you can regenerate and change UserTracks now at any bar as well as Edit Riff function you can get them to play Holds, Push or Shot but you need an option for this so if you want to manually do this the UserTrack will play where a Hold is allowing you to change the UserTrack to the Hold UserTrack that belongs with it. The Holds can also be used for a Push or a Shot as you can easily adjust with the Edit Riff function.

Use "Don't start a new riff on this bar" to set 2-4, 6-8,10-12 etc.. so it will only play from start of Hold.
[Linked Image]

Attached picture BB24-UserTracks-Holds.png
Posted By: RoGenos Re: Create my own realtracks - 02/05/24 02:55 PM
Thank you guys for the answers!
Posted By: RoGenos Re: Create my own realtracks - 02/05/24 02:57 PM
I will see if there are this options in the 2020 version, thanks
Posted By: musocity Re: Create my own realtracks - 02/05/24 09:38 PM
For $79 it's worth doing a program only update and you will be able to change UserTracks anywhere and Holds.
© PG Music Forums