PG Music Home
Posted By: ziggysane Mega Pack Soloist/Melodist Content - 03/18/24 01:59 PM
Hey all. First time poster, and it's a Mega Pack related question so I figured I'd ask here first and see if it gets any bites.

Are the additional midi soloists and melodists in the mega pack taken from the existing add-ons? I have Pro and I was considering a couple of the add-on packs, but if those particular editions are included in the mega pack it seems like it would make more sense to just spend the equivalent of five of them up front and get the whole batch.

Additionally, are the more recent soloist/melodist packs audibly "smarter" then the originals? I no that's what some of the description copy says and I could believe that that's the case given that the originals are over 20 years old and were the first application in that particular process vs the results from refining it over the years.

Thank you!
Posted By: ziggysane Re: Mega Pack Soloist/Melodist Content - 03/18/24 02:06 PM
(forgot to mention and I'm not allowed to edit yet: I used BIAB back in 2002 and then again in 2011, but in both cases they were licensed through school computers. This is my first time actually owning it myself. It's oddly comforting to be able to jump right back in without much having changed regarding the presentation and structure.)

Also to add to the original, the Real Tracks aren't a big part of my decision because I have my own set of VSTs that I use when rendering tracks.
© PG Music Forums