PG Music Home
Posted By: Crowe Real Band Freezes When Import Song from BIAB - 06/12/10 08:27 PM
Know this has been covered before however,,,,

Have set pathways; Options>Preferences>Song Generation>Paths for Band-in-a-box & RealBand.

Have latest updates

Do not have ASIO but I do have MME

Have 2010 version.

Last time RB it crashed and I reopened it said "do you want your default settings reinstalled" however there is no input driver listed ???
Could this be the problem and how do I get an input driver.

Thanks for your help.

Larry
Hi Larry,

You'll only have a MIDI input driver if you have a MIDI device like a keyboard that inputs MIDI. If you don't have a device like this, you don't need a driver for one, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Are you actually importing the Band-in-a-Box song, or just opening it in RealBand through File - Open?

Do you get any error messages?

Kent
PG Music
Hi Kent:

Opening the MGU file in Real Band. After I end the progam (Crtl, atl, delete, there is no error message.) If I convert the same file to wave, it opens just fine in RB.

Larry
Hi Larry,

Have you installed the latest build updates?

Regards,
Noel
Yes
Do you have this problem with every song, or just one in particular?

If it's one specific tune, can you send it to support@pgmusic.com so I can check it out?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
In RealBand, opened another file from BIAB and it still locked up.
Hi again, Larry,

Could we please have details on your computer? Some questions that spring to mind are...

1. Is your computer a laptop or desktop?
2. What is its processing power?
3. How much RAM do you have?
4. What is your operating system?
5. What soundcard do you use?
6. Are you running BIAB/RB from the external hard-drive or an internal hard-drive?
7. If using an internal hard-drive, What size is it and how much available space does it have?

I know that you said that you have all the latest updates, but one other thing I'd double-check in Realband is Help>>About Realband to verify that you have version 2010 (4). The reason that I suggest this is because it might be that the update didn't take. The problem that you're experiencing reminds me of some posts a few months back with Realband ver. 2010 (2) isssues.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums