PG Music Home
Hi,

Leilani and I just finished the Ultimate Broadway Fake Disk and are getting ready to start a new one.

We're looking for suggestions.

Please let me know what commercial, in-print music books you would like us to tackle. The book(s) that get the most "votes" will be the next one we are working on.

Thanks,
Notes
Hi Bob. Two suggestions:

101 MONTUNOS by Rebeca MauleĆ³n-Santana
(this one is a superb educational tool)

The Latin Real Book: Chuck Sher (Author), Hal Leonard Corp.

- Matt
Hi,

The Beatles for Jazz Piano by Steve Hill - Using his chords and put a jazz band behind it with chromatic bass walking would be killer for me!
Hi Matt,

We tried the Latin Jazz Book (sher) but so many of the songs exceeded the 255 bar limit of BiaB that we dropped the project. I'll look into the montunos (I love Latin music myself).

Hi Gary,

I've not heard of the Steve Hill book, I'll look into that.

More suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!!!!!

Bob
What has happened to Your Free Song thread Bob as on my computer it appeared, then disappeared, then appeared and disappeared again?

Is it just my browser or are the gremlins at work somehow?

Musiclover
Bob, good point about the Sher Latin Jazz stuff. Sometimes when I play in a Latin band, I think the song form is A B C D E F ... instead of the good 'ol A A B A or some such. Plus, this limitation of 255 bars is exacerbated by using the expanded styles, right?
Quote:

What has happened to Your Free Song thread Bob as on my computer it appeared, then disappeared, then appeared and disappeared again?

Is it just my browser or are the gremlins at work somehow?

Musiclover

I posted it, the moderator pulled it, I wrote an e-mail to the moderator asking why and got no response.

After a day of no response, I posted it again, and it got nuked again.

Funny, I've been posting free sgu files on this board for many years, and they've never been pulled before.

Perhaps if enough people wrote to the moderator, he/she could tell me the acceptable way to post.

Notes
© PG Music Forums