PG Music Home
I want to cut and paste a solo of a song Ive written so took Noels advice and tried to transfer it from biab to real band.Looked at the tutorial and did exactly what it said (at least I thought I did) but when I drop and drag the individual tracks there isnt anything happening.Im obviously missing something but havent grasped what that is yet..if anyone can help it would be appreciated.Thanks Frankie
Posted By: rharv Re: transferring a song from biab to real band - 09/07/10 03:48 PM
Do you have a recent version allowing drag/drop?

Is the track MIDI or audio?
Hi Rharv,I recorded the song with in biab RTs only and also generated the solo from RT.Ive got the ultraplus pack.I then rendered it to audio thinking maybe this should be done but still no joy.Thanks Frankie
Posted By: rharv Re: transferring a song from biab to real band - 09/07/10 06:21 PM
If you can render the audio track to a wave file, you can use 'Audio-import wave file' in RB to bring it into a project.
Thanks Rharv will give it a try Frankie
Might render each track to individual .wav files so you can adjust, mute, etc. each instrument when importing into RB. One audio file will have all on one track so you can only deal with all of them at once.
Posted By: rharv Re: transferring a song from biab to real band - 09/08/10 12:03 AM
Quote:

If you can render the audio track to a wave file

Thought I said that. Guess it could be misconstrued..
I found that drag and drop only worked to desktop and then from desktop to Cubase - you could try desktop route
Hi Frankie,

I've just been playing around with "Drag 'n' Drop". What I did was:

1. In Realband, click on the "Plugin mode" button (on the menu bar beside "Print") set the Options for drag and drop.

2. Click on the "Plugin mode" button once more and select "Start DAW plugin mode"

3. Resize BIAB and RB windows so that I could see both.

4. Drag and drop individual tracks: I clicked on (say) Piano and dragged it to a track in RB. (It took about 20 secs for each file to be copied to RB. I don't know if it helps the process, but I generated my song in BIAB before dragging and dropping.)

5. Click on the "plugin mode" button again and "Stop DAW plugin mode".

Hope this helps,
Noel
Hi Frankie,

Have you - when you drag and drop - dragged onto the track number (the little number that should be red when you first select the track?)
If you just try dropping onto the track it doesn't work, only when you drop onto the little track number will it work.

Best regards
Michee
Hi Noel and George.Thanks for those tips Im going to give them a try right away and will let you know how I get on.Really appreciate the help.Cheers Frankie
I really have to look at the video tutorial for this.What did work was dragging each track to the desktop and then individually to real band unfortunately everything was out of sync.I also tried the other things but what was happening was everything would go on one track even though I was dragging them to different tracks.All that was happening was each drag and drop would erase the previous one.Cheers Frankie
Hi Frankie,
What version are you using of RealBand as there was a problem (exactly as you report) that was fixed with an update.
Until you get that update you can do the following.
When you drag to a track, Realband will place it on the first track overwriting any data that is already on that track.
What you need to do is after you have dragged and dropped onto the first track you then ADD a new track so that new track becomes number 1.
You can then continue to drag and drop and it will retain your data in the 2 tracks.
Just add as many new track number 1's each time you drag and drop.

As I said PG Music updated Realband to correct this, but I can't remember which update number it was.
Just get the latest update and you will be OK.

Best regards
Michee
Hello Frankie,

Quote:

unfortunately everything was out of sync

Yes, do as mentioned above (latest update). A couple additional notes:

--Especially f you are dragging a combination of MIDI and audio tracks, make sure to first set the correct tempo of your song in RealBand.

--After dragging one track, make sure your "Now" location is where you want it to be (e.g. you might need to rewind the song back to the beginning before dragging the next track). Whether or not depends on the setting in General Preferences "Advance current time after dragging/dropping".
I get Real Band up & running then open the BIAB file from there, then save it to Real Band. ...Hank
I believe my last post got lost so will try again.Thank you Andrew,Rutabago,George etc for the help in trying to sort out this problem I will try all the tips to see if I can at last transfer from biab to rb.Cheers Frankie
Eureka! fixed it thanks everyone who helped.Cheers Frankie
In the future, you might want to try this...Save Band-in-a Box file as a midi. Open midi file in Real Band. Everything should be in place in in sync.
Hi David thanks I will also try that.Cheers Frankie
Frankie,
When you have an issue try to stick to the issue and not go off on tangents. Rharv had the best solution for you yet you go off on a tangent and never come back and report what he suggested to you. He may not reply to you in the future.
Quote:

If you can render the audio track to a wave file, you can use 'Audio-import wave file' in RB to bring it into a project.

are you ok? what tangent was that.Also I didnt realise that you were the spokesman for Rharv.I thanked all those who tried to help which would have included Rharv even though I was still having problems even with his input you should really look at my posts.When it came down to it what worked for me was the suggestion by Andrew and now its fixed.In future when you post please less of the cutting remarks ok!
Quote:

Thanks Rharv will give it a try Frankie

Wasn't trying to cut you at all Frankie.Your next post after this should have been " Thanks Rharv worked/didn't work" then moved on to the next.Feedback is very important not only for the OP but for the person making the suggestion and those reading the thread. No you're right I'm not Rharv's spokes person. Let me rephrase " I might not respond to you if you don't give me feed back before jumping to the next suggestion".
Posted By: rharv Re: transferring a song from biab to real band - 09/14/10 11:39 PM
I don't need the thanks or the spokesperson (for the record).
No offense to either party.

Also, once someone like Andrew or any other PGMusic staff steps in, I'm very comfortable just sitting back and learning.

Silvertones does make a point though, when suggestions are made on fixes, it does help to give as much info as possible in response so the next step can be taken. It helps eliminate possibilities. For instance, John thought my suggestion would work. Maybe it didn't, in which case he may try to figure out why and have another suggestion. Or I might have..
Figgered I should say something since my name is in play here.
Quote:

I really have to look at the video tutorial for this.What did work was dragging each track to the desktop and then individually to real band unfortunately everything was out of sync.I also tried the other things but what was happening was everything would go on one track even though I was dragging them to different tracks.All that was happening was each drag and drop would erase the previous one.Cheers Frankie

To Silvertones&Rharv

Obviously my post here shows that all the tips that were given to me including yours Rharvs didnt work(for me at least) and is the reason why I said at the top of the post "I really have to look at the video tutorial for this"

It might be a general statement but one I felt covered all those who tried to help.
an addition to the above.If it means I have to explain to all those who helped why it didnt then I agree and will do that in the future Frankie
Frankie,
Thanks for understanding. It helps create a cohesive thread so that others can learn as well. If you look at the stats on this thread 7 people were involved however over 500 viewed it!!.
ok will make the last comment on this.if you had posted to me something like this.
Hi Frankie if you could try and give some feedback on why things didnt work to all those who gave you input then it could help others here who might come across the same problem.. I doubt such a post would have got my back up. Frankie
© PG Music Forums