PG Music Home
Posted By: BGPooh How Can I Copy Melody to Tag Section - 11/01/10 07:41 AM
BIAB software has a "Copy From" feature that allows you to copy the melody, solo, song text, settings, and the chords for one place to another. But not anything to defined Tag section after last verse.

I've used BIAB automatic feature called "tag". Tag is defined as follows:

Repeats/Codas/1st-2nd Endings ... --> Tag Ending --> Tag Exists [x]
Tag After Jump #
Tag Begin At Bar #
Tag Ends After Bar #

The song structure is as follows:
1) Intro
2) Verses x3
3) Outro (tag)

When the melody is entered, I can copy it to all the verses.

But, it seems to me that any part of the melody can not be copied to the end tag. End "tag" is isolated and the melody needs to be manually added.

Am I right?

I.e "Copy from" feature needs a way to copy the melody to tag after last verse also.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: How Can I Copy Melody to Tag Section - 11/02/10 01:29 AM
You may need to use Edit-Unfold Song and THEN use copy from-to?

Trax
Posted By: Dzjang Re: How Can I Copy Melody to Tag Section - 05/18/19 09:14 AM
Hi, I thought I tried everything and was as frustrated as all of you, people. But no longer.

Moreover, the solution is so simple that I just can’t believe how stupid I was.

If you have 2 choruses and a tag that is the same as your intro or the first chorus, then you can copy the melody as such: choose copy from...to...— select the bars you want to copy (say: From 5 for the duration of 16 bars), —- copy to: bar number of your tag, but specify chorus number 2!

This will do the trick.

Same if you have three choruses and end with a tag, then enter copy to bar number of start of the tag and chorus number 3!

So easy, and yet so stupid,

Hope you enjoy this little solution
© PG Music Forums