PG Music Home
The Waltz Category seems to be missing in my BB 2011 build 312 Style Selector Window... Has it been relocated?

I’ve restarted the program, rebuilt the styles a couple of times, rebooted the computer...

Is anyone else having the same experience?

2011 BB screen shot without waltz
http://img843.imageshack.us/i/2011styleselectorsanswa.jpg/

2010 BB screen shot with waltz
http://img80.imageshack.us/i/2010styleselectorwithwa.jpg/

Thanks
Hi Art,

I noticed that too and wondered where the Waltz category had gone!

Noel
Thanks Noel96,

With your reply, I guess I can confirm it's not an event that happens on my computer only!

Art
And I definitely want the waltz category back!!!!
Glad to know I'm not losing my mind. I thought there used to be a Waltz category, but was starting to wonder if there really was. Yes, bring it back please!
Hey Box Heads! (Smile)

I've been a Box Head since version one in the 3.5 inch floppy-disk days! How many of us go back that far? C'mon people, fess up! This has to be a considerable number!

Well, I hope that waltzes and songs in 3/4 haven't gone out of style but until the PG tech team addresses the missing Waltz Category in the Style Selector Window, here's a temporary workaround for anyone who needs to work with the missing Waltz Category.

Again, I just noticed that the Waltz Category was M.I.A. after I updated my program to the BB 2011 Build 312 release.

1. Close BB then find the following two files in the BB root directory.

BBW_Cat.LSW
BBW_Sty.LSW

2. MAKE BACKUPS of these two files and I suggest you place the backup files in a completely different directory for later retrieval.

3. Find the same two files in a previous BB folder (I went to my BB 2010 folder and copied the two files from there.)

4. Copy/paste, drag/copy, or whatever's your preference, these two older/previous files into the current BB 2011 Build 312 folder. Overwrite/replace the current two files… You have copies that you’ve just placed elsewhere.

5. Start BB and you should see that the Waltz Category has been returned to the Style Selector Window from which you can now continue your work in searching for that special 3/4 or waltz style that fits your current song requirement.

This is only a temporary aid because this workaround uses the previous data files which are not able to see the new styles you may have added in BB 2011. Another
concern is that perhaps some of the newer features of the 2011 Style Selector might be disabled or unavailable. So be careful with this workaround.

The bottom line here is that this workaround causes some temporary set-backs but the full functionality of the 2011 Build 312 S.S. Window can be easily restored by either of the following two methods:

A. Simply hit the Rebuild Styles button, (The Waltz Category will be M.I.A. again!)

B. Copy/paste or drag/copy the backup files from Item #2 back into the BB 2011 Build 312 BB folder. (The Waltz Category will be M.I.A. again!)

It is a bit of a pain to go back and forth with this workaround but I use that Waltz Category quite a lot. I hope this category is returned soon! Waltzing Is Hip!
Hi,

Ok - we'll bring it back
Thank you!
And as I requested previously, it would be nice to have a filter selection for only displaying Waltz styles in each category, as well.
I'm all for anything that helps tracking down all waltz styles.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Hip, Hip, Hurray! Waltzing is hip!

Thanks Andrew
And a vun two tree, vun two tree...Lawrence Velk, ja.
As Stan Freberg said, "Ah, wunnerful, ah, wunnerful. Turn off-a the bubble machine."
Did somebody mention Lawrence Welk and the bubble machine?

Doesn’t the bubble machine pre-date the fog/smoke machine and all of the pyrotechnics and optical stage craft used by many of today’s musical artists and concert producers? (Smile)

Mr. Welk was also well known for inviting many pretty young ladies from his audience up to the stage to dance the fox trot or a waltz with him. Getting the gals up on stage with him coupled with his use of the bubble machine made him a man that was way ahead of his time! (LOL)

Well er-umm, for our younger viewers who may not have seen the bubble machine in action, click the link just below to view a video of here’s a waltz where the bubble machine is activated at about the 1:15 second time counter mark.

vun two tree...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-KVzv3EI0w

Here’s another link where you can see Lawrence in action! He’s getting a pretty lady to come up on stage to dance the waltz with him while Myron Floren plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC7EKKtFcJs&feature=related

Seriously though Myron Floren was a really great musician among many of the great musicians that played regularly or appeared as guests on the show!
© PG Music Forums