PG Music Home
Posted By: Perrodiablo Is Biab Royalty Free? - 12/31/10 05:12 AM
I write (or try to) country and bluegrass songs. Are songs I create with Biab royalty free? This seems like a great program. I currently use Sonar Home Studio 7xl. It's really a money pit in a way as I keep expanding and never seems to find the right sounds. Also I take for granted you can record vocals...how is the quality of playback?

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Is Biab Royalty Free? - 12/31/10 05:40 AM
Hi Perrodiablo,

When you purchased BIAB, you purchased the right to use all aspects of the program freely to create and sell songs. There are no royalties that need to be paid.

Good luck with writing your music!

All the best,
Noel.

P.S. To answer your question about playback quality, click on the Songu link in my signature below and have a listen to "Brighter Than Any Star" or "Storms". Apart from my singing, all instruments and drums in these songs are from BIAB/RB. I composed the songs in BIAB, refined the tracks in Realband and then loaded the individual tracks into Sonar. In Sonar, I then recorded my vocals and mixed what you are hearing. I'll let you be the judge of the instruments' sounds.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Is Biab Royalty Free? - 12/31/10 02:08 PM
I can't speak for the others, but if you use my aftermarket (third party) styles, you do not have to pay me royalties for anything you produce in BiaB.

Notes
Posted By: John Conley Re: Is Biab Royalty Free? - 12/31/10 02:32 PM
Quote:

I can't speak for the others, but if you use my aftermarket (third party) styles, you do not have to pay me royalties for anything you produce in BiaB.

Notes

I would guess you'd take Pay Pal, cash or cheque despite the above? LOL
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Is Biab Royalty Free? - 12/31/10 04:06 PM
This is what i love about Notes, he is the ultimate capitalist! Ya know Notes, one of these days i am going to break down and purchase one of your style books and one of the fake books. I keep threatening! Hope things are warm in Fla for you these days! Oh and how is that new geetar workin out for you? (now i see the purpose behind the recent promotion!!! New gear syndrome)
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Is Biab Royalty Free? - 01/02/11 07:07 PM
Hi Robh, Things are warm now here FINALLY. We've got the windows open!!!!

The guitar is great. The more I play it, the more I love it. The ebony fretboard and stainless steel frets make string bending a breeze ... the light weight and perfect balance makes it a joy to hold ... the Duncan and Fishman pickups give me a wide variety of sounds from Acoustic Flat Top to Strat to Gibson to almost a Tele sound plus a few I can't describe.

This will be my guitar for a long time to come.

And yes, I'm a self-promoter. I learned that early in my band days. If you don't tell people you are here, the ones who would want to purchase your services will not know about you.

Hopefully my help and advice here swing the balance into a favorable space.

And John C - I take Visa, Master Card, PayPal, Money Orders and Checks (although I do wait for MOs and Checks to clear before delivering the product.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Notes
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Is Biab Royalty Free? - 01/02/11 09:17 PM
I don't think anyone is really questioning Notes' integrity, but I just want mention I have never seen him do anything to promote his products other than state the fact that he has them available. Notes is knowledgeable, experienced, and a pro musician, and he shares his wisdom with all of us. His aftermarket products support BIAB and are of excellent quality (yes, I own some). Plus, he generously posts sample tunes now and then, and does not support copyright infringement.

Notes, thanks for all you do.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Is Biab Royalty Free? - 01/02/11 10:29 PM
Thanks for your kind words, Matt.

Notes ♫
Posted By: John Conley Re: Is Biab Royalty Free? - 01/03/11 01:22 AM
I recently got a '60's book and somedays I play out of it with or without Notes biab files for hours. 3 hours this afternoon as a matter of fact. Daddy's Home, See you in September, Last Kiss, ShaBoom, Bobby Vinton, etc. A blast. Bad days for fingers though. The tips went missing again. I can play the piano a bit, but I can't do up buttons. Good thing I have a zipper. Good thing I didn't say that at Mom's she's 84 yesterday (New Year's Baby 84 times!) and say buttons or zipper and she launches right into
Stormy Weather, but....the words she sings are...

Don't know why, there's no buttons on my fly, got a zipper, my gal and I think it's quicker...

then she yells at herself, Islay Arla, shut. up.

The next tune is a breath away...oh well.....
© PG Music Forums