PG Music Home
Posted By: Jed Guitar window not showing guitar notes - 01/15/11 09:37 AM
Hi All,

This is probably down to my finger trouble but..

I don't seem to be able to get the "guitar window" to show guitar notes which are playing. I tried selecting a simple sample song from the style bank (folk type thingy). I've selected "guitar" and muted the other instruments so I can hear the finger picked guitar but no notes are seen on fret board? If I select "strings" I get to see chords being played?!

Recently got the everything pak on hard drive and the 20 pak on disc (which I had installed on my "C" drive.
Yesterday I installed BIAB onto my "D" drive and "cut & pasted" 20 pak to "D" drive. don't think this is causing the problem but I had not tried to do the guitar window thing previously.

Hope this makes sense? Any help much appreciated. thank you.

Regards,

Dave
If the guitar is a RealGuitar and highlighted as Green and not underlined it has not been written out. Note that these are session musicians, and there is quite a bit of work involved to display what they played.

Just to be sure, across the top are radio buttons. One always has a dot in it. Click on Guitar.

Check to see if it's green or not.

Down just above the scrolling window thing is a series of blocks B for Bass D for Drums G for Guitar S for Strings P for Piano M for Melody S for Solo. (Right stuff wrong order sorry)

You click on those to show the various tracks. If it's a Midi guitar OR an Underlined Green RealGuitar you'd see the tab for the guitar. If Blank it's either a realstyle OR a style without a guitar on that track. (In the latter case check the sytle, if you want a midi guitar for which there are really notes, then change the style, the suggested ones to try will have a * in front of them, they match tempo and feel....
Posted By: Jed Re: Guitar window not showing guitar notes - 01/15/11 01:22 PM
John,

Thank you for the quick reply...I knew there must be an answer!!

Just had a quick play and it's just as you said, many thanks!! (Got a bit confused when the "green" guitar started playing on the fret....then saw the green under-line!!!).

Have had BIAB for just a week now so I doubt this will be my last dumb question (but I am looking at the help topics, honest!).

Regards,

Dave
© PG Music Forums