PG Music Home
Posted By: juggler Metronome - 04/03/11 06:02 PM
I have a problem with BIAB 11 with the Metronome with one of my computers. The Preferences for Count-in/Met is the same on both computers but on one the volume of the metronome is so low you can hardly hear it and it is set at level 127. However, on songs that have a style that did not come with Ver.11 the sound level is way up there. This sound problem is just with the Metronome, the songs themselves are normal. My Vista computer has no problem, just the XP. Any ideas? Jud
Posted By: Mac Re: Metronome - 04/04/11 11:42 AM
The Metronome uses whatever MIDI synth solution you have to make its sounds, from the Percussion Bank.

Likely something in the MIDI synth settings that is causing this, all depends on which one you are using as to how to solve the problem.

If using a DXi synth, open the BB MIDI/Audio... setup window and visit the Control Panel for that particular synth that's selected, take a look at it and make sure that its Volme Faders and Master Volume for every track are turned all the way up. There has been a bug that turns the faders of the VSC DXi down unintentionally every once in a while, I'm suspecting that here.

--Mac
Posted By: juggler Re: Metronome - 04/04/11 03:07 PM
Hi Mac, We are neighbors, I'm in Va. Beach. I found the trouble, by unenabling Real Drums and everything went back to normal. When Real Drums are enabled the word "Drums" on the task bar goes green and it takes a few second for the song to start. It also caused the volumn with the metronome to decrease to the point you could hardly hear it.

My midi output driver is "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW S". I could not find the volumn for that but the computer volumn controls are all the way up.

Thanks for your help. Jud
© PG Music Forums