PG Music Home
Posted By: Robert Coy Builf 316b problem - 04/25/11 07:53 PM
I installed build 316b. When I tried to use the drag drop The melody (midi) file would not transfer, either when using the drop box,dragging the files one at a time, or dragging the combo to my DAW. I tried resetting to original settings and rebooting with no change. Finally I reinstalled version 2011 and then build 325 update to get things working OK. I use this feature constantly and am afraid to reinstall build 316 at this time. Can someone check and see if you can confirm this as a bug or was it just a bad installation on my computer. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/25/11 09:24 PM
I installed 316 (along with all others) with no issues but I did not drag and drop . . . I did it the old fashion way via the Save/Run option from the download link. I always use "save" to a flashdrive then install on my external and external back up hardrives. Just wondering of you have tried to install 316 using ths method also and still have issues?

Later,
Posted By: Robert Coy Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/26/11 12:04 AM
I installed the build the same way you did. My problem was in using BIAB after the installation. Drag and drop did not work for the melody.
Posted By: rkl122 Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/26/11 04:02 AM
Works ok here (build 316b). Was able to drag the (midi) melody track from either of two different mgu's to RB. With or without plugin mode activated.

You might try it with RB. Perhaps there's an issue with your default DAW? Although can't explain the apparent version specificity.

Other thoughts: check that the pref settings for DnD are proper. Are midi files showing up in the DnD folder?

-Ron
Posted By: Robert Coy Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/27/11 12:28 AM
Ok, Thanks.

Think I'll download the build again and reinstall. may file was corrupted.
Posted By: Robert Coy Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/27/11 12:52 AM
Downloaded and reinstalled Build 316B with same problem. File does not show up in drag and drop file. Rechecked all DAW settings -- ok. Gonna keep working on this 'cause I want to get to the bottom of the problem. Anyone else got any suggestions?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Builf 316b problem *DELETED* - 04/27/11 12:57 AM
Posted By: DrDan Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/27/11 01:16 AM
I installed Build 316b and I can drag any BIAB track to the desktop except for the Melody track which gives me a message that: "No music present in the track to drag.....".

The melody is midi, and I have my "DAW Plugin" set to convert to audio via the DXi. All the other tracks which work fine are RTs.

I can drag and drop midi from tracks other than the Melody!!

Seems we folks in Illinois have a problem with Build 316b?
Posted By: Robert Coy Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/27/11 02:32 AM
Thanks Jazzman -- at least that confirms that I'm not totally off base. I didn't try dragging other midi tracks. Switched back to build 315 since I use the drag/drop so much and need that melody file transferred.
Posted By: rkl122 Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/27/11 03:10 AM
Quote:

The melody is midi, and I have my "DAW Plugin" set to convert to audio via the DXi. All the other tracks which work fine are RTs.

Ah, well if I enable the "convert to audio" I can't drag the midi melody track either. Or any other midi part. Didn't realize this behavior deviates from prior builds - haven't used the feature that way. I interpreted the OP post to mean he wanted to transfer the midi data to the DAW as midi. Sorry.

-Ron
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/28/11 04:16 PM
Thank you - we're looking into this.
Posted By: Shastastan Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/29/11 10:55 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Ah, well if I enable the "convert to audio" I can't drag the midi melody track either. Or any other midi part. Didn't realize this behavior deviates from prior builds - haven't used the feature that way. I interpreted the OP post to mean he wanted to transfer the midi data to the DAW as midi. Sorry.

-Ron

I spend a lot of time on this and finally contacted Support. They replied right away saying that this is a problem which they hope to have a fixed next week. I must say, though, that every problem that I've had in the past has been due to the operator. That would be me

Stan
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/30/11 12:14 AM
Try Build #317, available now: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#317
Posted By: Shockwave199 Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/30/11 08:00 AM
Not for nothing, but I think biab is hot enough to actually be considered a 'builf'!

Dan
Posted By: Billy Buck Re: Builf 316b problem - 04/30/11 12:04 PM
I had updated to the previous 316b build and was pulling my hair out trying to figure why I could not drag & drop MIDI files from the DAW plug-in mode (or even simply export a single MIDI track for that matter) into REAPER like I had done effortlessly many times before in BIAB 2011. I then happened onto this thread and found that PGM had already released a 317 update to fix the issue before I even had a chance to report it!

Kudos to the fine folks on this forum for initially reporting this issue and for PGM for
getting a new build out that fixes the issue before the weekend! I use the DAW plug-in mode a lot (one of my fav features) as I drag & drop my tracks from BIAB to REAPER for final live recording/arranging/mixing/processing and not being able to fully use it put a serious damper in my work flow. Build 317 has me working again! Woohoo!

Cheers,

Billy Buck
Posted By: Shastastan Re: Builf 316b problem - 05/01/11 08:07 PM
I updated via build 317 and can't get it to work yet. I didn't notice that this issue was listed in the list of fixes so.... I don't know if it was included or not.

Stan
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Builf 316b problem - 05/01/11 11:47 PM
Drag and Drop worked for me in Build #317 into SONAR.
Posted By: Shastastan Re: Builf 316b problem - 05/02/11 02:11 AM
Quote:

Drag and Drop worked for me in Build #317 into SONAR.

Thanks Matt. I've only tried with RB. I'll try another DAW. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the UA4-X,but that doesn't seem too likely to me.

stan
© PG Music Forums