PG Music Home
Again, having to replace my old XP machine with a windows 7 64 bit system, i've been looking through the forums to see if my hyper canvas will work. i saw a thread that recommended upgrading to the latest patch and then it worked, but the post didn't say whether the user had a 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows 7.

I know the Roland VSC is 32 bit only but any advice on the Hypercanvas? Will it run with the Vista upgrade patch?
Bob, all that you want is there :

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/faq.cfm?PRODUCT=HQ%2DGM2&iRcId=56957732&dsp=1
had a quick look - the 1.6 version upgrade patch is for Vista and as that was in 64 and 32 bit versions I presume the update copes with both..........i'll just have to see!
Hi. Did anyone find the answer to hyper canvas running in windows 7 64 bit?
That website (http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/faq.cfm?PRODUCT=HQ%2DGM2&iRcId=56957732&dsp=1) didn't list hypercanvas when I looked today. Thanks. Andy
Yes, HyperCanvas runs fine under win 7/64
Thanks Peter. Can I just check you've seen/heard hypercanvas running in Windows 7/64 yourself? It's odd that Roland/Edirol don't claim it'll work on 64 when they do list it as 32 bit compatible. I'm uneasy because I use H/C a lot because of the great piano sounds and would hate to lose it if I move to Windows 7/64. Sorry to be a pain. Andy
If Peter says it runs fine in 7/64, you can count on his report as being accurate and confirmed.

That's the way he rolls, man. Those of us who have been around here for years can testify to that.

--Mac
I can confirm, I'm using it now. I think I did have to go to Rolands site and use the Vista drivers but I admit I'm not sure about that now. When I got my new 64 bit machine last year I had to install new drivers for a bunch of stuff I have, I can't remember if that included the HC but I'm thinking I did get a newer driver for it.

One cool thing is I haven't gotten that "insert disc" message I used to see with XP. I guess Win 7 handles that automatically.

Bob
Thanks Bob & Mac. Good to hear.
© PG Music Forums