PG Music Home
Posted By: malevans Save wave file as midi - 06/22/11 05:15 PM
Hi All,

I would like to save the Bodrhan as a midi to edit in Cubase.

Is this at all possible?

I tried saving the wave and let Melodyne Editor save it as midi ..... not very convincing though.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mal Evans
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Save wave file as midi - 06/22/11 06:38 PM
What's the Bodrhan? If I'm understanding correctly, this is a regular audio or wav recording? If so, then no you can't save it as midi. Melodyne is the only product I know of that can do that and as you've already found out it doesn't do it very well. It's best used for single instrument things like a horn, a single voice singing, stuff like that. Trying to convert a whole multi-instrument band recording to midi is still a long ways off.

Bob
Posted By: malevans Re: Save wave file as midi - 06/23/11 10:47 AM
Well knowing how versatile BB is I suppose I was expecting, 'all things are possible'.

I did manage to save it as a midi file and use the Big Fish Celtic library in Cubase. Managed some very acceptable timbres and better volume control.

Bodrhan .... It's an Irish frame drum with one side open ended for one hand to be placed against the inside of the drum head to control the pitch and timbre.

Mal .... The Irish/Welsh/Cornish Celt. :-)
Posted By: Mac Re: Save wave file as midi - 06/23/11 01:26 PM
Percussion with MIDI, some MIDI synths recognize a note duration value of zero, others want to see a note duration of 1.

This might be what you experienced.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums