PG Music Home
BB Remote is a "Band-in-a-Box Remote Control" for the desktop Band-in-a-Box for Windows program.

When using Band-in-a-Box for Windows, you may want to be somewhere else other than sitting at your PC as you play songs. For example, you might want to sit at the piano, or at your music stand, or be sitting on the couch with your guitar in hand.
The BB Remote App installs to your Android device, and then connects to the desktop version over a Local Area Network (LAN), even over the internet.
The app has different screens, accessible by "swiping" the screen to the left/right, including a main Chords Window, Conductor Window (for live control of BB), and a Mixer Window

Important: You need to have version 2011.5 or higher of Band-in-a-Box for Windows to use this App.

The BB Remote App for Android is available at the Android Market.

If you have an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, you can get the BB Remote App for iPhone at iTunes App Store.
PG, you're following me into Android territory...

Having the Apple version for some time (for my IPOD touch), I just picked up a touch Android from Samsung...not that latest Galaxy, but a version2 Android...

Thank's for the shadow of your smile, PG!
Just got the BIAB Android Remote. Don't know what to type in the Connect or Password boxes. Help please. Later, Ray

I'm connected now. Files that I select on my Android Tablet show incomplete chord symbols. G-7 shows up as G, E7 shows as E. Also no flat or sharp signs. Later, Ray
I've installed this app but can't get it to do anything except connecting - I have the BiaB for Android app and it works fine, so the connection part of it is no problem - but when I select File->Open and type the path where my bb files are, all I get is the "rotating cursor" and nothing else happens.

I've even tried to create a new folder in C:\bb and place one single songfile there and then point to that location, but it makes no difference.

What am I doing wrong ?
Please indicate what type of Android device you are using.
Hello Steelplayer,

The first time you access your C:\bb folder (or whatever your Band-in-a-Box main directory is), or if you refresh, it will take it some time to get the entire directory listing. In my testing it takes about 30-40 seconds for a full EverythingPAK installed to my C drive. But after that, yes the 'spinning wheel' should stop and you should be able to access everything instantly...

Hello Ray,

That's strange that some chord symbols don't show up fully. Could you send us your exact make/model of tablet, and operating system?
Hi Andrew. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 3.1 android OS. The app works for controlling BIAB just fine. Only the sharp and flat symbols are missing as well as 7s and 9s. 13ths and 7sus chords show up just fine. Thanks, Ray
Thanks Ray, We have a Galaxy Tab, and will check it again for that issue.
Peter,
My device is a HTC Incredible S with Android 2.3

Andrew,
I've given it at least 2-3 minutes, but I will give it a longer try tonight when I get home then, just to make sure. My BiaB installation folder is getting quite big, I must admit that.
I'm known for many things - patience is not one of them :-)

Ole
I tried letting it search for 20 min now, but no change.
My desktop PC is Intel i7 based and the LAN is Gigabit so speed shouldnt be an issue there.
I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and I've tried disabling the firewall.
My BiaB is 2011.5 build 329.
Anyone tried the Biab Droid app with the Droid X? I know that I'm going to upgrade to Biab 2012 as soon as it comes out. Knowing that I can use the app on my Droid X will be icing on the cake.
@Donsta: Make sure your expectations are set properly. The Android version is NOT a fully functional BIAB. It's a nice addition to the ecosystem, though.
© PG Music Forums