PG Music Home
Posted By: jeanmarcpillard Ipad and BB - 10/24/11 06:54 PM
Hello

Probably someone suggested this already but i was wondering if you have in mind to make an app on the ipad for BB

I still would like to have a software for sight reading purpose and i think the ipad could be a good device for that

Congratulations again for your products

Jean-Marc Pillard
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Ipad and BB - 10/24/11 07:20 PM
As I understand it, the two BIAB apps do run on an iPad, but are not yet taking advantage of the larger screen size. [Isn't there a setting to run an iPhone app on an iPad in twice the iPhone size, something like that?]

You should probably put this on the Wishlist.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Ipad and BB - 10/24/11 07:39 PM
Yes, the 2 apps* that we have for iPhone also run on the iPad (in 2X mode).

1. Band-in-a-Box for iPhone. This requires the desktop version of Band-in-a-Box 2011 or 2011.5 to work. You can generate new arrangements while connected to the desktop version via LAN or Internet. While not connected to BB Desktop version, you can play previously generated songs.

2. "BB Remote" Band-in-a-Box. This is a remote control for the desktop version 2011.5 of Band-in-a-Box.
Posted By: leonfuture Re: Ipad and BB - 10/24/11 10:23 PM
Will these (or when will these) be available to run with BIAB on Macintosh?
Posted By: polarbreeze Re: Ipad and BB - 10/28/11 11:01 PM
I have the same question (BB iphone for Mac). What's happening with that?
Thanks!
Posted By: bebopfive Re: Ipad and BB - 10/29/11 02:10 AM
I know that BB remote and BIAB for iphone will work in the 2x mode but the resolution is low and pixilated. I would like to see official iPad versions to take advantage of the larger screen and higher resolution.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Ipad and BB - 10/29/11 02:37 AM
This request (for an iPad resolution version of the two apps) should be in the Wishlist.

ps Hey bebopfive, what kind of tpt is that?
Posted By: bebopfive Re: Ipad and BB - 10/31/11 05:14 PM
Hi Matt,
That is a Schilke B3 tunable bell...large bore .263! Thus, the expression on my face while doing some high work... I usually have a Yamaha 6335 ML bore that I use for lead work. I obviously had the wrong horn that night! Ha! By the way, I have really enjoyed the Brazilian Wish album. I was in the Navy Band and traveled in South American nearly six months a year...loved Brazil...it's always a good thing to hear a nice Bossa or Samba! You da' man!

Ken
© PG Music Forums