PG Music Home
Hi,
I`ve downloaded the RealTracks Set 146 now. Installed it, pointed to my C drive and to the Realtracksfolder on another drive.

I rebuilt the stylepicker, but it doesn`t show up. The "What AddOns do I have" option also tells me I`m not having it. When I try to load it to an instrument slot manually, it shows up as N/A.

BUT:My Realtracksfolder has them; There is a folder called "Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110" in there. So why can`t BIAB load that style?

Am I doing something wrong here?

Sandra
I just went back and did style rebuild, looked at Pref > what do I have and
the 146 shows up down below I dont have it.

Went thru "re-install", then via styles found it, albeit the what do I have does not
show 146 alive.

Some kinda glitch ?

Took the Style demo added JazzFunkGoovin Alto and got this.

http://igig.mobi/FunkyGroove.mp3

Not big into Jazz, but built a great song.
I reinstalled several times. Still don`t show up. Not in the style picker, not in the realtracks picker, not in the "What do I have".
Mine worked fine...Note edit in my above post.
Did you guys receive an email with a download link for RT 146?
I'm still waiting for mine...
Received the email today, and they installed and are showing up fine on my system.
bloc-head,

My father called me that a few times 50 years plus ago.

Yes I did receive an email. Not sure what Package 146 is part of.
Not had my link to RT 146 as yet.
Jeff
I received an email today with the "new features video" link, but still no RT-146.
Just double checking here... Are there only TWO real tracks (Elec Gtr soloist by Carlos E. A.) contained in this 146 set ?
Only some show up. The rest, per the email, are on the way.
I've re-installed RT143-148 about 3 times now, and no luck so far. I need a link to just RT 146.
Harvey, I just got my email with the link to RT 146 just a couple hours ago so I'm sure you will be getting your link shortly. There are only 2 files in the set 146 so far with more to follow per the PG email.
I got the email and downloaded. Set 146 shows up in the style picker as 'not available" -(NA)

Check the box in the Style picker that says: "Show Realtracks that are NA" to see this.

I have gotten a few yellow messages that indicate the reason they are NA is not that the tracks are missing, but that the associated *.st files are missing. I don't think there is anything you can do about this. Just wait for the PG folks to get wind of this and they will provide a fix.

Give them a break - they have been losing sleep over the 2012 release, and it is the weekend over here. It wont take them long.
Carlos has been around here for a long time. And if you NEVER heard his stuff, done with band in a box, you really should check it out.

There still is confusion between styles and soloists, they show up too much together. They need a different font colour in something perceived as cutting edge graphics. That would be good for those who complain about the 'old' look all the time.

If someone could define a new look vrs. old look, we could have buttons on robots or something to play when we want to start the playback. That would be way better than going with the sex sells thing and clicking on playboy models to launch things. The latter is politically incorrect, just like my life. (Oh well.)
Mine installed fine the first try (Win XP). See one style, _JAZFNKC, and two Real Tracks, 1650 & 1651. Very groovy guitar!

Rcvd email with link this morning.
RealTracks 146 will come in 2 patches. The first was sent yesterday, and included RealTracks #1650 Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110.

You need to have a folder called RealTracks\Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110 as well as a file called c:\bb\rElGt238.st2.
If you have those 2, then 1650 and 1651 will show up, if you don't it will show up as N/A.

The other 2 will come within a week.

Sorry about the delay. BTW, they are worth the wait!
Quote:

c:\bb\rElGt238.st2

Aha. This file is missing. Now the question is: HOW do I get this missing file, Peter?

Sandra
Correction:
rElGt238.st2 does indeed shows up, but it`s in the BB/Soloists folder.
Does that make any differnce?
Copy it to the /BB folder and try again.
Copied it - still no success.
I haven't received any email yet. Should I contact support or just wait?
Sandra,

Same issue here (not showing up in the "what add-ons do I have") but as Ralph said if you look in the "styles" picker you should see under the "New Real Tracks" section - RT 146 (and the one style and the two demo songs)? Although in my case the .st2 & .xt2 files were where they should be already (the BB folder)

I suspect Part two will correct the listing of "what add-ons" as well as finish out the set

I was going to post about this yesterday but...

PS I could jam with this guy (he'd kick my butt, I'd be embarrassed but I'd still have a damn good time!)

GOOD LUCK
Just a side note here.. I was in control panel today to remove an unused program and noticed that Real Tracks set 146 is listed as a separate program ? Is this how it should be ? No other Real Tracks sets are shown in the list of programs to uninstall.

RT146 does NOT show up in my list (WIN 7 64 "programs and features" - a.k.a. "add/remove programs")

So not sure if it should (or not) but it works so....

Larry
It does not show up here - but RealTracksShots and Holds 2012 does!
>>> rElGt238.st2 does indeed shows up, but it`s in the BB/Soloists folder.

There shouldn't be any folder called BB/Soloists (there is on the Mac, not Windows).

1. rElGt238.st2 and rElGt238.xt2 should be in c:\bb
2. You should have a folder called RealTracks\Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110" in your Realtracks Folder.

Then RealTracks #1650 should work. Visit the RealTracks Picker (not the stylpicker, not the What add ons do I have dialog). And choose 1650. If it doesn't work, tell us what it does say in the line for RT 1650.
As to the style picker: It shows up, but says [0] styles in there.
I think this remains a work in progress. Watch for the 'updates', they are free.
Here how to view Realtracks as they load.

1. Create a new folder on you drive.
2. Execute the Realtrack that you want load.
3. When the loading process show you where they are loading. Usually C drive BB
4. Change the path to the new folder that you created.
5. After loading to the new folder view the folder to determine if the are there.

I have had similar trouble in the past where I could not see the realtracks even though
I could see them in the realtracks folder.

By using the method above I found that I did not load the files with ST2 and XT2 files
into the root folder of BIAB. I copied them over to the root directory and then I could
use the styles and saw them in style picker.
© PG Music Forums