PG Music Home
I am installing BB 2012. I already own several Amplitube products, including A-3, but they are not installed on my current machine. Should I install the BB version, or just reinstall my existing A-3 software?

Is there any advantage or harm to either choice?

Thanks!
If your Amp3 is the same version as the latest one offered for free download on the IK Multimedia website, they should be one and the same.

--Mac
If you have the paid AT3 don't install the free one with BIAB. You'll lose stuff.
I didn't install PG's version of Amplitube, and my paid version showed up just fine.
Can we get the paid version for under 19.99?

Is this a teaser product like Word on my new laptop, or the mortgage they only give to new clients?
Actually, John, one of the things IK has been shifting to is having free (and pretty substantially capable) versions of their flagship software, which you can then spend big bucks expanding if you like. So, yeah, it's a teaser product, but one that works.

I got Amplitube 2 (which included the standalone kit Amplitube X-Gear as a download) on an audioMIDI no-brainer deal, and added AT3 Free earlier this year. My AT3 presets are dodgy, because many rely on amps, cabinets, mics, etc., that are not in the free version, but only in the full version or one of the expansions (or which you can buy piece-meal in the Custom Shop). But my AT2 and ATX-G presets are also in there. And, as they use only the add-ons that came with them, those presets have all the gear, and work wonderfully.

From the look of things so far, BIAB's AT3 presets also use only what's in the free version.

Now. All that said, the BIAB presets look and sound very capable. I don't think PG would put in a preset that called for extra purchases. In other words, think of it as a "lite" version. It does do everything that BIAB asks of it, and you can ask it to do more.

Oh, and, apparently AT2 is only available from IK as a download, or from a few sellers on eBay.
Over a year ago I purchased IKMultimedia's Ampeg SVX & Stealth ASIO interface. It also came with AT2 & X-Gear. Best $99 I've ever spent.I also now have AT3
© PG Music Forums