PG Music Home
Posted By: JBlue7 MUTING PROBLEM - 12/11/11 01:35 AM
Hi All,
Anyone having a problem with the mixer and muting tracks?
Seems to have suddenly started today when I mute a track nothing happens either in the mixer or the top line. Soloing a track is working fine.
Strange.
Jeff
Posted By: MitchC Re: MUTING PROBLEM - 12/11/11 01:49 AM
In my 2012 upgrade, I loaded 3 different tunes in BIAB and the mute button (as well as solo) are working as expected in the Mixer dialog window.
Posted By: JBlue7 Re: MUTING PROBLEM - 12/11/11 01:53 AM
Hi Mitch,
Yeah mine was working yesterday, seems to have happened since I started messing with VST plug ins with Amplitude today. Loaded other demo songs after and the problem is still there. Perhaps I should re install the program.
Jeff
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MUTING PROBLEM - 12/11/11 02:00 AM
Before re installing, always try Opt., Return to Factory Settings. And if that doesn't work, reboot your machine. Only then consider re installing.

Posted By: MitchC Re: MUTING PROBLEM - 12/11/11 02:05 AM
Side note: HATS OFF to all you Veterans around here and the PG Support staff. They must go nuts trying to keep up with all our issues !
Posted By: John Conley Re: MUTING PROBLEM - 12/11/11 03:28 AM
One thing to note. Always try the muting the RealTracks (all of them) the audio, the solist, then each midi track. Something is amiss, and often it's the audio or the midi stream.

Try volumes to zero, and the mute function.

There are also sliders inside any Dxi synth, like the TTS-1.

You also should try the closing each box using alt tab, sometimes another box has popped up behind the biab window and is running things.

There is also the need to close, shutdown well, and relaod. This not linux, you can't leave it run for over 5 years. (My record, Xenix, running 5 years and some months in Waterloo Ontario, on a fitness club computer system.)

Tres cool.
Posted By: JBlue7 Re: MUTING PROBLEM - 12/11/11 12:06 PM
Thanks for the help guys.
I loaded biab this morning and tried a demo song and the mixer muting and solo were working as they should.
I loaded the song I was working on yesterday but that was the same with the muting not working. I followed some suggesions like muting all the tracks and alt 2 etc, closing and opening the mixer window and finally got it working OK . Saved the song again but when I loaded biab and the song next time the muting gave the same problem. Might just start anew with it and see what happens as I'm still experimenting with the amplitude plugins, probably something I have done.
Anyone any idea how PG distribute the emails - order date or alphbetical order. I received a mail link with the new video features but not the realtracks 146 update. I ordered my 20pak after buying the 2012 Upgrade but I see some have had their 146 update.
Regards. Jeff
Posted By: John Conley Re: MUTING PROBLEM - 12/11/11 03:23 PM
Have you opened the mixer and gone down the list and muted each track.

If the one that says audio on it mutes anything you have an audio track that ends in .wav or .mp3 that has the same filename as the project you were working on.

Whenever that happens band in a box loads the audio file along with your raw file and plays it every time.

If necessary kill that file in the folder you are working in.
Posted By: JBlue7 Re: MUTING PROBLEM - 12/11/11 03:34 PM
Hi John,
Yes I did all that when testing it, but as an update after some work today. I created a new song using amplitude plug ins and the mixer and the muting/solo are all working fine, so far.
Must have been something I did in the last one, it was my first attempt. Anyway thanks for your help with this.
Regards Jeff
© PG Music Forums