PG Music Home
Posted By: bert70656 amplitube serial numbers - 12/13/11 12:41 AM
Greetings to all, I've been trying to open amplitube in BIAB. When trying to get the software authorized it asks for a serial number. Was this software supposed to be free with my BIAB purchase? Can anybody help with this.
Posted By: HogTime Re: amplitube serial numbers - 12/13/11 01:04 AM
Yup, that got me too at first. From the Read Me file in the BIAB drive at \PGMusic\Installers\Amplitube:

Serial number: To get your serial, go to the following page on the IK Multimedia site and logon to your account:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/Main.html?freedownload/index.php
Posted By: bert70656 Re: amplitube serial numbers - 12/13/11 01:16 AM
Thanks mucho Ralph!! Greatly appreciated. That'll teach me to read those 'readme's' While at the site Ralph I was reminded that I also have a free copy of Sample Tank....forgot all about that. Thanks again.
Posted By: Fivehands Re: amplitube serial numbers - 12/13/11 01:52 AM
Don't know if everyone is aware of this but there actually is a free version of Amplitube 3 that anyone can download after setting up an account with them, and then this gives you access to the Custom Shop where you can buy amps, effects etc.. to your heart's content. So I'm wondering what are the differences between the Amplitube that is bundled with BIAB 2012 and the free one that you can download? If it offers more then I would probably install it. But I already own Amplitube 2 and Ampitube Fender and have the free Ampitube 3. Just curious to know the difference between the free download and the bundled one. Thanks.
Posted By: Mac Re: amplitube serial numbers - 12/13/11 01:55 AM
The one shipping, and also the one now available for free download from the IK Multimedia site, is Amplitube3 -- They have gone over to a different marketing strategy now, whereas the basic Amplitube3 along with a small amount of Amp and a goodly amount of Effects are all that is included with the free download, but the Custom Shop can be used online to purchase, download and install other amp/cab sims, effects, etc. piecemeal or in certain bundles.

--Mac
Posted By: filkertom Re: amplitube serial numbers - 12/13/11 02:03 AM
And I can personally tell you that, if you have more than one Amplitube or Powered By Amplitube product, and you do default installs, you'll have all their presets right there. Before BIAB 2012, I had Amplitube 2, Amplitube 3 free, and Amplitube X-Gear, and once I installed BIAB its presets were right in there automatically.

The one thing you have to deal with is that, as Mac says, it's not the full version of Amplitube 3. Unless you have the full version, some of your AT presets will not function properly, because you'll be missing at least one and perhaps several cabinets, amps, mics, etc. But everything specificailly labeled for BIAB and "Amplitube Free" should work fine. And you can fill in the gaps later, either by buying complete products, or piece-by-piece in the Custom Shop.
Posted By: Fivehands Re: amplitube serial numbers - 12/13/11 02:25 AM
Ok, thanks for the replies. So as I understand it then, installing the BIAB Amplitube 3 works to my advantage because it offers the BIAB presets that I can use for the dry guitar Realtracks? That's really cool to have that as an extra then, AND plus all the presets for my Amplitube 2 and Amplitube Fender would probably show up too, I would think, because in the free download you can just use Amplitube 3 for all your Amplitube versions.
Posted By: filkertom Re: amplitube serial numbers - 12/13/11 02:34 AM
The presets might already be in there. I didn't install the BIAB version of Amplitube, but I got all the presets. I presume they're made using the Free edition modules.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: amplitube serial numbers - 02/27/13 07:21 PM
After installing Amplitube3 at IK Media and creating an account, you will see your serial number and, just possibly, a free product download. At least I did. Dunno.
© PG Music Forums