PG Music Home
Is there a feature that allows an end user to learn the actual comping chords that the real tracks generates on the guitar in BIAB? For example, I noticed that the comping that I hear after I generate a track are not exactly the chords that the Guitar Tutor is showing on the screen. There seems to be some really nice and advanced comping going on in the background of some styles.

Thanks! Eddie Villanueva
Posted By: DrDan Re: Comped Chords Playing on the Real Styles - 12/13/11 11:15 PM
Quote:

Is there a feature that allows an end user to learn the actual comping chords that the real tracks generates on the guitar in BIAB?

Thats like asking "how do I get to Carnegie Hall"? Answer: Practice, Practice, Practice!

But, many of the RTs do have the midi data and do allow illustration via notation and Tab, so that could be a start.
Jazzmandan, What I meant was, that I'd like to see what the chords are that are generated by the real band styles as they play thru a tune, as opposed to what the guitar tutor gives us. They sound pretty hip and interesting. I do work with a lot of the other PG Music programs especially the Jazz guitar ones since that is my forte, but I'd like to see what Peter Gannon, or whoever is playing that guitar is doing visually. Just wondering if that feature is available on the Real styles yet, or if it is still at a MIDI stage when it comes to that? I'm sure, that eventually that Band-In-A-Box team will offer that as a new feature in one of their upcoming upgrades if its not available yet. Those guys are amazing!
Hi Eddie,
I agree about the guitar styles being a great learning tool, and I use it myself (it's not me playing, it's my brother Oliver).

There are RealCharts, which means that, as you hear the audio, you just click on the guitar (fretboard, or notation), and watch the guitar notes play on the screen.

If you like a particular performance, freeze the track, then it will save that way, and you can return to it again and again. Of course slow it down, or loop it etc. Print out the notation for in-depth study. You'll be "Playin' Like The Pros" in no time!
Peter, it worked wonderfully and yep, just like you stated, the chord fragments come up on the screen perfectly. Very very nice! Man, this program just gets better year after year after year! Thank you!
© PG Music Forums