PG Music Home
I've saved a song in my BB2Go folder, and (apparently) successfully transferred it to my iPad, but several of the chords are missing from the screen display, and the song that is played is not the one I transferred. The original is 34 bars long, and the transferred version is this long, but what is played is only one 24-bar chorus instead of 3 34-bar choruses.
I'd recommend trying it again. Not sure what the issue is there.
Here's an example of the missing chords on the display of my iPad - taken from a BIAB-generated introduction to a piece in Bb:

BbMaj7 __ G7 __ |Cm7 __ F13 __ |BbMaj7 __ EbMaj7 __ |D7 __ G7b9 __| <= on windows laptop

__ __ G7 __ |Cm7 __ F13 __ |__ __ __ __ |D7 __ G7b9 __| <= on iPad

If I go to edit the chords on the iPad, I can see the missing chords by touching 1, 2, 3 or 4, but they're not visible in the chord window, which makes it hard to improvise over!

At another part of the chord sequence there's a bar which has four chords in it:

Bb7 A7 Ab7 G7 | <= on windows laptop
__ A7 __ __ | <= on iPad

It seems to me that the iPad "knows" what the chords are, it just doesn't display them correctly.

Is there a forum for the iPad/iPhone app?
Hi,

It might be time for you to take this problem directly to PGMusic Support.

If you have the computer and iPad set up, for example, and can call Support directly on their phoneline, there is a very good chance that one of the experts can get to the bottom of the problem in a lot faster and cleaner fashion than can be done via the open forum.

--Mac
Hi,
Thanks for posting that specific example. Yes, I can duplicate that issue, so we will get it fixed. We plan a maintenance update in 1-2 weeks for the iOS version.
Thanks for checking that out, Peter - I was beginning to fear for my sanity!
The promised maintenance update became available from Apple today.

I updated the App on my iPad, but every time I started it, it crashed after a brief (1 second) appearance on the screen.

I decided to remove the App altogether (along with all the files I'd transferred) and install it afresh, and this time it works, but the chords are still truncated.

I have a song which goes:

Dm _ _ _ | Dm - - C#m | Dm _ _ _ | Dm _ _ Ab7 |
A7 _ _ _ |

and so on, but the "#m" from the C#m and the "b7" from the Ab7 aren't visible (except when the song is being edited).

Another minor problem - the File=>Server menu has a "Send curent song" option instead of "...current...".
foxylady,

I had the exact same thing to happen as well after the update. I haven't done anything just yet, but was hoping not to have to reload the files back in since I had 116 tunes in my folder. Since you solved the problem with the remove and re-install, I'll do the same shortly.

Thanks for that info,
Cecil
Quote:

The promised maintenance update became available from Apple today.

I updated the App on my iPad, but every time I started it, it crashed after a brief (1 second) appearance on the screen.

I decided to remove the App altogether (along with all the files I'd transferred) and install it afresh, and this time it works, but the chords are still truncated.

I had the same problem, but when I deleted the App and tried to download again it asked me to pay again.
The 1.0.4. vesion just opens and when you select the server and say OK, the App just shuts down. Very frustrating.
As this is an update should I be asked to pay again? (the money isn't the problem it 's just the principal)

Best regards
George

P.S. I had a copy of the old App saved, so I was able to get it back.
I deleted the App, reloaded it (without being asked to repay), loaded all my favorite songs back in via the server route, etc. (a total of 106), which took quite some time, but I didn't care about the time...they were my favorites!! Everything seemed to have worked super well to this point (i.e., they all appeared in the green color when I proceeded to select, using the file statement, to load in)....but several resulted in a blank chord sheet with no indication as to what the problem was. All 106 files play super fine on my desktop, but several (somewhere around 20 or so) of the 106 resulted in a blank chord sheet although their title was green in the file list.

I'll watch this thread in hopes I can get some indications as to what to do about this....those excluded were some of my most preferred tunes. I'm using the iPhone 4S.

Cecil
Hi cchallum (Cecil),

I think I know how I have been asked to pay for it again... I downloaded the original from Apple... but then changed my Logon and password (to make it more secure) so that is perhaps why it asks me to pay again.

I will hold off downloading the new version until the issues are fixed.

Best regards
George
We've sent a new version of the iPhone Band-in-a-Box to the appstore. It should be available in a few days. It adds the following:

- fix for some disappearing chords
- fix for a sometimes crash when updating from previous version, on iOS 5
- much faster downloads of songs
- faster generation of songs
- improved display of chords for really long chords, for example a bar that contains
| Am7b5/Eb D7b9 Gm7b5/Db C7b9b13 | will all be visible.
Hi Peter,

I have just downloaded the new version of the App and it appears to have fixed the problems you have highlighted.

- fix for some disappearing chords Fixed in my version.
- fix for a sometimes crash when updating from previous version, on iOS 5 Fixed in my version.
- much faster downloads of songs Seems to be quicker.
- faster generation of songs Really didn't notice any difference (but I do have a slow connection).
- improved display of chords for really long chords, for example a bar that contains
| Am7b5/Eb D7b9 Gm7b5/Db C7b9b13 | will all be visible. Fixed in my version (but you need good eyesight on an iTouch).

Thanks for all your help Peter and all the staff at PG.

Best regards
George
Thanks George,

Also, FYI, there will be another BB iPhone update version available in about a week (1.0.6), which fixes an issue where a song would occasionally download with a blank chordsheet.
As you may know, each patch that we make needs to be vetted by Apple (as does every app), and they do a remarkably quick job of processing updates, considering the number that they must be dealing with.

We also have a separate version Band-in-a-Box 1.0.6 for iPad, due in a week, that has same features as the iPhone one, but scaled to the iPad screen.
© PG Music Forums