PG Music Home
Hi, I am not from Ikmultmedia, you know. Amplitube is an important piece with BIAB2012.
It is said this AmpliTube version 3.7.1 uses 30% less CPU power and 35% less RAM.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/MainPhp.html?NewsDisplay.php&Id=3516
Can anyone confirm if the BIAB version is the same as the IK version mentioned by Luiz? What happens to the BIAB presets if the new IK update is installed.
Thanks
Roy
Hi Roy,

If you install the 3.7.1 update patch, you will be asked "Do you want to replace your existing patches with AmpliTube 3 factory patches?".

To confirm, I just tested it choosing "No", and the Band-in-a-Box presets have not been changed.
Thanks Blake,

I can also confirm that all of your current Band-in-a-Box presets will work properly with the new version of Amplitube Free. As Blake mentioned, make sure you select "No" when asked if you would like to replace your current presets with the factory defaults.

All of the Band-in-a-Box Amplitube styles will also function properly, as well as the .TGS files located in the DX Settings folder (within your Band-in-a-Box folder).
Hi Guys
Thank you for confirming that aspect. This has prompted another question - how do we take advantage of the IK upgrades (with new presets etc) and retain the BIAB features for this software such as the BIAB presets. PG advertised Amplitude as a new feature in 2012 and should provide full support. Are there any plans to ensure we receive BIAB & Realband updates when Amplitude is updated?
Regards
Roy
Quote:

Hi Guys
Thank you for confirming that aspect. This has prompted another question - how do we take advantage of the IK upgrades (with new presets etc) and retain the BIAB features for this software such as the BIAB presets. PG advertised Amplitude as a new feature in 2012 and should provide full support. Are there any plans to ensure we receive BIAB & Realband updates when Amplitude is updated?
Regards
Roy

I have the suspicion that, for incremental updates such as this, it won't be an issue.

One thing I would like confirmed is whether the IK update should, in fact, be installed with the selection of "no" for the patch overwrite. I ended up clicking "yes", then (before having got back to BIAB to check things out) read about the possible problem here. Turned out I still had a tiny BIAB update specifically with Amplitube data, so I reinstalled that, and went back to BIAB, and everything was right where it should be.

The reason this is important is: What if a new Amplitube update has new factory patches to install? If we pick "no", we miss those presets. So we should get it sorted out one way or the other.
Well I posted this a week ago.All you need to do is move the BIAB preset folder. Do the update. Say yes .then move the folder back.
© PG Music Forums